Chapter 16

I had woken up but didn't have the energy to open my eyes. The thoughts of yesterday made me afraid, but I could feel Lorenzo's arms around me. Comforting me. 

I opened my eyes looking up at him. He was asleep. This was the first time I saw him sleep. He always seemed to wake up before me. 

I didn't realise I was staring at him whilst stuck in my own thoughts until I heard his voice. 

"You can take a pic, if you want." He said catching me off guard and then he opened his eyes. His arms were still wrapped around me.  

"No- I." I stuttered no knowing what to say. 

"It's fine my Wife, you can stare at me all day if you want." He said with a smirk making me laugh lightly and I hit him on the chest. 

I snuggled into his chest closing my eyes again. Maybe getting to comfortable but he didn't seem to mind since he started rubbing my back. 

"How are you feeling?" He said and I understood he was talking about last night. 

"Numb and scared." I said and I look up at him. 

"But I feel better knowing that you are here. Thank you." I continued. 

"You shouldn't be thanking me. I came so late." He said and I could see the guilt in his eyes. 

"No you weren't late." I said

"How wasn't I?" He questioned. 

"Because he didn't get to rape me. " I said trying to smile. 

"He still did touch you." He said. 

"But you still saved me." I assured him. 

Lorenzo hugs be tighter as if a huge burden was lifted of off him. We stayed like this for a while, before Lorenzo's alarm rings. He groans lighting as I chuckled lightly. 

"Let me get a bath ready for you." He said as he got up. 

Once I couldn't smell his scent around me I felt so empty. What's happening to us? 

His kindest made me blush as I hide my face in a pillow. How did an incident like this manage to bring us closer? I've seen this side of him for the first time. I smile to myself. 

_______

Time skip - 1 hour later

I go downstairs after freshening up and see the bottom floor has been remodelled almost completely. The living room has completely changed. 

"It was due for a change." Lorenzo said from behind me making me jump. 

"Sorry, I shouldn't have walked up from behind you." He says. 

"No, It's fine." I said with a smile. 

He's being so kind to me. If he continues I might end up falling for him. 

He takes my hand and takes me into the living room as we both sit down. Hand in hand. 

There was a pause and then Lorenzo started speaking.  

"We are going to Italy tomorrow." Lorenzo says making  me confused.

"Why are we going there all of the sudden?" I asked and Lorenzo started rubbing my hand with his thumb slowly. 

"Mr De Luca, your dad's killer moved there recently." He said and I nod. 

There was a silence but then he spoke. 

"Also, you will be taking self defence lessons so go get ready. Your teacher will be here in 30 mins." He said. 

I didn't want to. I really didn't have the energy. 

"Do I have to?" I said with a pout making him chuckle. 

"Yes, it's for you safety." He said. 

I guess he's right, after what happened I do need to learn. 

_____

I changed into some workout clothes and did my hair. 

I went downstairs and saw Lorenzo speaking to a guy

I went downstairs and saw Lorenzo speaking to a guy. I walk up to them. 

"Phoenix this is will be your teacher, Lucas." He said and we lightly shook hands. 

Lucas was around Lorenzo's age but not as tall and big as Lorenzo. 

Lorenzo leads us into the room.

The room had soft mats over it was a spacious room. It had punching bags on one side and some weight lifts. It seemed like a gym. He must have remodelled it for some self defence lessons. 

Lucas starts teaching me basic techniques. He teaches me to aim for the sensitive areas such as the neck, chin, groin, and other parts. He taught me how to get out of a hand grip which was hard since he was stronger and bigger. 

An hour went past and I didn't think anything was wrong until we had to get into an uncomfortable position. Me being under Lucas. 

Lorenzo wasn't in the room so I didn't want to do it, but Lucas said it would be fine. 

Should I still say no? I didn't want Lorenzo to get the wrong idea. We finally started getting close.