Chapter 13 - Wedding

Maria woke me up and took me to the wedding hall where we started getting ready. 

I didn't see Lorenzo the whole day, when I asked Maria she said it's tradition so he can't see me. She teased me a little about how I apparently missed him, little did she know it was all fake.  

She put me in the wedding dress and started doing the makeup

She put me in the wedding dress and started doing the makeup. She did a nice neat smokey eye with fake lashes and a natural lip colour. Once the makeup was complete she started the hair. 

Once she was done with my hair she added a long veil to cover my face

Lorenzo's dad came in to meet me and let me know that he will be walking me down the isle. 

A sigh of relief left. At least that issue was resolved. But what about my family? My thoughts were interrupted my his voice. 

"It's time now, Phoenix, everyone is here and waiting." Lorenzo's dad said and I nodded. 

We linked arms and the big doors opened. We started walking slowly to the aisle, and I saw my mom and sister. I wanted to cry so badly, but I couldn't risk anyone getting the wrong idea. 

Once we reached the front, he gives my hand to Lorenzo who helps me up the stairs since the dress is long. 

Lorenzo gently lifts the veil so it's not covering my face anymore. 

We stand face to face, hand in hand, as the priest says the marriage vows. I was lost in my own thoughts as the priest was saying the vows.

I feel Lorenzo squeeze my hand tightly, as he seemed to have realised I wasn't listening and the time to say 'I do' had come. 

"Phoenix, do you take this man to be your husband?" The priest asks. 

I reply "I do." He asks the same to Lorenzo and he replies too. 

"I now pronounce you both husband and wife."

"You may now kiss the bride."

Oh no! I guess I forgot to worry about this. 

Lorenzo leans in and gives me a short kiss on the lips as people started cheering. I didn't know how I felt. I was shocked, but I also felt butterflies in my stomach. It was my first kiss taken by a man I don't love. 

Lorenzo didn't seem to bothered, but maybe he knows how to hide emotions? 

We turn to face everyone as Lorenzo places his on my lower back, lightly pushing me closer to him closing the gap.  

"Everyone think your mom and sister used to be your neighbours." He leans in and whispers in my ear. Him being so close to be again sent shivers in my body. I just hope he didn't realise. 

An hour went past with the greeting and we were then practically pushed into the dance floor by Lorenzo's mom. 

"I don't know how to dance" I whispered feeling embarrassed. 

"It's ok, you can step on me they can't tell from your dress. Just follow my steps" He says reassuring me. 

He places his hand on my lower back as I place mine on his shoulder and our other hands linked. A soft song was played and I follow Lorenzo's steps. 

I stepped on him a few times making him chuckle. 

"You should smile more often." I said without thinking. 

"What's the point?" He said. 

"Of smiling? Well it makes others around you feel less intimidated by you." I said...again without thinking about my choice of words. 

"So I intimidate you?" He questioned with a smirk making my butterflies erupt in me again. 

"I mean, sometimes" I replied embarrassed, making him chuckle again in his deep voice. 

We continued dancing as others around us started too. 

"You know you look beautiful today." He said, making me shocked. I tried to not blush but I'm pretty sure I am.

"Thank you." I replied under my breath. 

We danced for a little while, until Lorenzo seemed to get bored. 

"Let's go." He said holding my hand as we walk out the hall and into the car. 

________________________________________________________________________________

How do you like the story so far?