Chapter 8

Me and Lorenzo walked down the stairs to his parents. I was really nervous. What if they didn't like me and my deal to get my dad's revenge will end? 

Or what if I mess up and Lorenzo breaks the deal himself? 

"Don't worry, my parents are normal people" He says. He must have sensed that I was nervous. I look at him a little shocked that he tried to reassure. 

He really is unpredictable. Sometimes he's cold and ice and sometimes he's smirking at me. 

I see his parents coming out of their car from the glass window which I'm guessing is tinted from the outside. 

And boy they did not look normal. 

"You said they were normal. Your mom looks so posh. I'm not gonna survive this." I said whispering the last part. 

He chuckles a little making me look at him. He was extremely handsome. I get why girls die over him. I don't know how I didn't fall for him the first time I saw him. Maybe because of the circumstances we met in? 

His parents entered and we greeted them and sat in the living room. Me and Lorenzo's mom sat a little separately from Lorenzo and his dad. 

"You must be my son's fiancé" She said. "Yes, I'm Phoenix." I said trying to hide my nervousness. 

"So how did you 2 meet?" Lorenzo's dad says to both of us. 

Shit I thought, I forgot to ask him about the basics. I mentally slapped my self for not using my brain. 

"We met at one of my restaurants. Phoenix used to work there." He says making me relieved. 

"Your parents made you work?" Lorenzo's mom asked. 

Is it not normal to work? I thought. I get it your rich but not everyone is. My parents didn't even make me work so I don't know how to answer. 

"I-" Lorenzo cut me. "Phoenix doesn't have parents." I was shocked by what he said. 

Why is Lorenzo lying? He could have told me at least.

"She had to work to pay for her needs" Lorenzo continued. I tried not to look surprised and just looked down at my hands on my lap.  

"I'm so sorry Phoenix" Lorenzo's mom said. 

"No, It's fine, don't worry." I smile and she smiles back. 

I feel guilty for lying to them. I mean I didn't lie Lorenzo did. But still. 

"So the wedding's in 3 days?" Lorenzo's dad says trying to change the topic and Lorenzo nods. 

Another surprise I get today. Seems like Lorenzo enjoys giving surprises. I stopped myself from rolling my eyes. 

All the sudden Lorenzo's dad gets up, as if he didn't want to be here at all. 

"Well we have to go now, your mom here was dying to know about your wife so we came" Lorenzo's dad says which his wife didn't seem to happy about.

I could tell Lorenzo's parents weren't the nicest people. They were pretending to be but I could tell from Lorenzo's coldness towards them. Or maybe he's like that with everyone?

We all got up and followed them to the door. 

"Nice to meet you Phoenix" Lorenzo's dad says.

"Nice to meet you too Mr El Ricci"

Lorenzo's mom comes and gives me 2 side kisses. I could tell she is posh. 

"Welcome to the family." She said and for some reason she seemed to cringe at the word family. 

They drove off Lorenzo started walking back in the living room so I followed him since I needed answers. 

"Why did you lie to them about my parent?" I said trying not too sound angry.

Lorenzo turns around swiftly and faces me, scaring me slightly. 

"Because I had to get rid of your old information in case De Luca finds out who your dad was. So I made a new story for you." He said plainly. 

I understood why he did it. But he still could have told me. 

I took this opportunity to ask him more questions since he doesn't seem to be in such a bad mood. 

"Why did De Luca kill my dad?" I asked. 

"Because your dad slept with his wife." He said without any emotion.

I was shocked my dad couldn't cheat on my mom what. Is that why my dad said to Mr De Luca he didn't know that she was his wife? 

"My dad would never cheat on my mom" I said confused.

"He was drunk." He said and I sighed being frustrated. "And his wife? Was she drunk?" I asked

"Doesn't matter, she's dead. And before you ask... De Luca killed his wife for cheating." he said making me shocked. 

What is this society? They just kill anyone they want. What if Lorenzo is like that? What if he kills me if I make a mistake?  Is that why he threatened me? 

I tried to get rid of my negative thoughts since it only causes stress. 

"Let's go to bed" He said walking upstairs. 

Oh no...now we have to share room. And bed?