Chapter 7

The whole car ride was silent and was very long. I guessed it was because Mr El Ricci lived in the extra rich areas. 

We finally reached the house and I was shocked at the view. I would never be able to find my way around I thought to myself. I tried not to show the shock on my face as I didn't want to seem weird. 

Mr El Ricci exited the car and so did I. He walked in front towards the house and I followed behind him. A guard opened the door for us and I gave him a polite thank you and a smile and entered the mansion. 

The house had a dark aesthetic to it, which suited Mr El Ricci's dark personality perfectly, I thought almost making me laugh out loud. 

I composed myself and continued to follow Mr El Ricci. 

He started walking towards a bedroom and I wasn't sure if I should still follow him, but I did. We entered a huge bedroom with 3 doors attached to it. A men and women's closet and a bathroom. 

"This will be our room" He said... finally breaking the silence, just not in a good way. 

"Our? Do we have to share?" I said feeling uncomfortable. I mean I don't know the guy. 

He turns and faces me, looking me straight in the eye with an annoyed face. 

His glares are very intimidating. It makes me want to run away from him. 

"Everyone has to think that we are in love... That includes the workers in the house. If anyone suspects ANYTHING, you will be in trouble. Understand?" He said and I nodded feeling afraid. 

Could he hurt me? My thoughts were quickly gone by his voice again. 

"Get ready, my parents are coming to meet you." He said. I wanted to question him but I was afraid. 

Why are his parents coming to meet me. I don't know anything about him what if they ask me things about our relationship. I'm not very good at telling lies, at least that's what my sister tells me. 

He pointed towards a closet and I entered it, looking for what to wear. There were so many dresses to choose from. 

He enters behind me and picks out a dress and hands it to me. 

"A lady will come shortly to do your hair and makeup." He says examining the dress again. 

"I can do it myself, it isn't needed." I said not wanting someone making me look all extra.

"No, you need to look a certain way with different people. Since you not from my society you will need to learn." He says. 

"Ok" I say quietly not sure if he heard me, but he then left the closet. 

I put the dress on and I love it. It fits perfectly in all the right places. 

I exited the closet and saw Mr El Ricci speaking on the phone, he seemed happy

I exited the closet and saw Mr El Ricci speaking on the phone, he seemed happy. I sat down quietly in front of the dresser waiting for the lady to come to my makeup and hair. 

"Bye, I'll see you soon." he says on the phone and hangs up. 

There was a silence in the room but then I speak. 

"I see how you want me to dress up neatly in front of your parents" I said without thinking. I quickly looked at Mr El Ricci to see him smirking. Maybe he does know other facial expressions. 

"I see you pick up quickly" he said and I smiled and look away. 

After a few moments I broke the silence again. 

"By the way umm... what's your first name?" I said embarrassed. 

He chuckled lightly "Lorenzo" he said. "Ok." There was another moment of silence before I broke it....again. 

"I'm guessing your parents don't know about how...this marriage happened." I said needing to know more. 

"They don't. But why are you being so curious?" He said catching me off guard. 

Why? Isn't it obvious? You literally threatened me?

"Umm well you said we can't let anyone know that we aren't in love. So, I guess I need to know some things about you to... you know... act." I said looking at him as he gets a box out of the draw. 

"Well then, no. No one knows about this marriage except for us and your mom and sister." He starts walking towards be with a velvet box in his hand. 

"Nothing much to know about me Phoenix." He said. Phoenix I thought, my name sounds so different when he says it. 

"I'm 25 and I'm the CEO of El Ricci Enterprises." He continues as he stands in front of me. 

He opens the box and takes a ring out. He puts his hand forward and I take it as a sign and place my hand in his and he places the ring on. 

The ring was beautiful and it fit perfectly. 

There was an awkward tension between us I didn't like. There was still so much I didn't know about him, but I guess I'll have to go with the flow. 

There was a knock on the door and Lorenzo allowed the person to enter. She came straight to me and introduced herself as Maria and she started doing my hair and makeup whilst Lorenzo was on this phone waiting. 

She did my hair in a low bun with a few strands loose in the front. She did simple elegant makeup making it look as natural as possible. 

I was done getting ready and Maria left. I waited for Lorenzo to say something as I sat there quietly. 

He suddenly stands up "they're here" he says and I nod. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Will Lorenzo's parent's like Phoenix?