Kira | Light

You could feel your heart beating so fast you almost thought it would've burst out of your chest. This was it, you thought, gripping your pen. This was your chance to serve your god.

Lowering the pen to the seemingly ordinary paper, you didn't hesitate before writing down the names of the criminals you had seen on the news earlier. 

"25 more seconds..." You muttered almost creepily, keeping a constant watch on the clock on the wall. 

You counted down, "5, 4, 3, 2."

"1." A voice answered for you. 

A crazed smile full of adoration made its way on your face as you turned around to face your saviour.  

Kira. The one and only being taking out criminals across the world with heart attacks. It didn't matter if your god was an ordinary college student because in your eyes, he was above even the law. 

"Kira," You breathed, bowing down, too astounded to have met him 2 times in the same day. "I've done what you have asked of me."

He smiled coldly, but to you, it felt like the autumns breeze on a scorching hot day; it was refreshing. "You have done the world a great service by getting rid of those scum. Continue the job I have given you and you will be rewarded."

You raised your head and shuffled forward. "C-can I ask something?"

A glint appeared in his eyes as if he was daring you. 

Feeling braver, you touch his shoes, expecting him to recoil but he leaned closer. "Let me stand by your side as your queen."

A gasp leaves you as you complete that sentence. You wanted to follow in Kiras footsteps to avenge other families that were torn apart by murderers and cheats and inadvertently fallen in love.

"No." 

You gulped and looked away at the bitter rejection but nails pierced your chin and you felt your head guided up. Kira dragged you up to his level and you saw the same expression that crossed on your face whenever you thought about him. 

"You'll be ruling as my goddess." Lights brown eyes were covered by his dilating pupils which were blown wide.

Light was crazy in love with you, but whose to say you aren't just as crazy?

~~~

(368 words)