Halloween Party | Light

"Hey Light, whatcha costume for halloween?" You catch up the speedwalking male who quickly slowed down once he realized it was just you.

"It's a surprise." He answered, smiling at you, now walking at a leisurely pace.

Inwardly, you were surprised. You got the Light, the talk of the university, to smile at you. "Well, can you tell me?"

"It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you." He booped your nose cutely, then spotting a nuisance behind you and sped off.

Stunned at the sudden physical contact, you froze, not noticing a blonde girl with pigtails chasing him in your dreamful stupor. "Ah, wait!" You groaned to yourself. You forgot the real reason why you were trying to find him. I guess I'll just ask him tomorrow, you thought sulkily.

The next day arrived and the same thing happened. You would try to make small talk with the male but it was either you always got distracted or a jealous model would snatch him away.

Tomorrow, you always promised. Tomorrow, I'll ask him.

Tomorrow turned into next week, and it now drawn for so long that it was now the morning of Halloween.

"Shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot, shoot..." You muttered hurriedly, pacing the carpet of your room nervously. "It's already the big day. How am I supposed to ask him on such short notice?" 

Meanwhile, as you tried to rehearse your speech, a certain Yagami stood outside your window just out of sight.

Your curtains were closed halfway because you were on the second floor. You never thought anyone would peek in and Light used that to his advantage, stalking you blatantly from his vast array of mirrors. 

"She looks so cute when she's stressed." He mused, placing a hand under his chin and leaning on it. The curtains were placed in a way that only he could see inside from a certain angle. "She's trying to ask me out, isn't she?" He said, less of a question and more of a statement.

He tilted his hand mirror, catching the light so the other mirrors in the tree could get a better image of you.

Looking at his ticking watch, Light frowned when he remembered that college started soon. "I have to leave so it won't be suspicious if we arrive together." 

Looking back at you, he smirked. "I'll be waiting, dear."

Back in your room, your mom had just knocked on the door and yelled at you to come downstairs because you were getting late for college.

"Why, oh why isn't past me competent?!" You screamed at yourself, already knowing the almost impossible odds of Light agreeing to your request. Accepting defeat and another Halloween alone, you walked to your college.

People steered a wide berth around you, sensing the depressing aura surrounding you. Consumed in your thoughts, you gulped as the noticeable landmark loomed closer.

Arriving at the college, you spotted the brown haired boy wave at you from a window.

"Hi!" You say, trying to be energetic despite your lack of sleep. Instead of saying a hi back as you assumed, the boys face expressed confusion and pointed towards the glass. 

Oh right, the walls are soundproof. Nodding your head, you wish the ground would swallow you up. Getting reminded of your failed attempts, you awkwardly wave again and shuffle-run away like a crab.

"I'm just digging my grave deeper and deeper..." You moan, harshly smacking your face with your hands.

Entering the school, the crowded hallway almost masked Lights voice.