skirt•°

'I can't wear that' Jeongin said.

'That's what the stylists picked for you' the staff answered apologetically.

'I'm not putting that on'

'What's the problem?' Chan asked curiously. He had walked over to them and peeked over Jeongin's shoulder.

I stood up from where I sat on the ground, waiting, playing on my phone, and walked over too.

'I will not wear that'

'That' referred to Jeongin's stage outfit for today. It was a tight long sleeve shirt in purple and a white crop top with lots of holes and slits. But that surely wasn't the problematic aspect.

The short skirt completing the outfit however was.

'I can't wear that' Jeongin repeated. 'I'm not a girl'

'Hey hey hey' Changbin, who'd arrived by now too, chimed in. 'Felix has worn skirts multiple times already - does he look like a girl to you?'

I turned around.

Changbin was right somehow and defending me, yet nonetheless I felt hurt by what he said.

Something burned hot in the pit of my stomach.

Chan threw a sideways glance at me, then said slowly: 'A piece of clothing doesn't define anyone's gender. That's not how it works'

Everyone was silent for a moment.

'Yeah, I guess you're right. I still won't wear this on the stage.'

Chan looked at the staff member.
'He's uncomfortable with this outfit - we should respect that. Do you have an alternative?'

I had stepped closer in the meantime, carefully touching the skirt's fabric. It had a nice light lilac colouring and was made from multiple tulle layers.

'I can wear it'

I only realized I had spoken out loud as I noticed everyone staring at me. I hurried to explain.

'Jeongin and I can change outfits. It should work, we have about the same size right?'

'We can't just switch like that. The stylists thought of something when they assigned you your individual outfits.' The staff member sounded unsure.

'Why not though?' Seungmin had appeared right behind me, also touching the skirt thoughtfully. 'The colour scheme is similar with all our outfits anyways. As far as I catched on, this solution would satisfy everyone.'

'But the stylists...'

'They'll get over it' Chan said decisive. 'It's not like we never changed anything about the outfits immediately before a concert. It shouldn't be a problem. Right?'

The question was directed at the staff member, with a slight warning undertone.

'I'll ask your manager' they said and excused themselves.

'Thank you' Jeongin nodded to me and Chan.

'Of course' he answered warmly, then looked around in our backstage room.
'Where the hell are the others? Has anyone seen them?'

Hyunjin, Minho, and Jisung were gone for a while now.

'They arrived here together with me. They're probably somewhere back there getting a bit rest. Don't worry' I covered for them. The other's didn't know about their thing yet.

A few minutes later, the staff member came back.

'And?' I asked.

'Jeongin, put Felix's outfit on, Felix put Jeongin's outfit on, we'll see how it fits. And hurry up! We have about', they glanced at their watch, 'one hour and twentythree minutes until you gotta be on stage - and we maybe have to readjust the tailored outfits a bit so everything fits alright; hurry hurry hurry!'

The staff had went into panic mode.

By now, the whole backstage room slowly flooded with security staff, make-up artists and hair stylists, swarming around the (present) members like bees.

I took the outfit and hurriedly put it on.

They additionally handed me purple boots and knee socks, as well as a pair of shorts I could wear beneath the skirt.

The skirt ended approximately at the middle of my thigh, which was longer than I expected. The rest of my thighs and my knees were bare, before the socks covered skin up again.

That was just fine with me.

The outfit's light colours would probably fit better with Jeongin's dark hair than my blonde, but it was okay.

Stylists came and tailored the outfit for me. They didn't have to change much, as I predicted.

Make-up artists started to paint my face, hair stylists did my hair.

'Change of plan, try to braid his hair instead, that'll go better with his new outfit', was the instruction.

I felt happy. I loved when they braided my hair. It was barely long enough, but our stylists could make it work.

After a while, Minho, Jisung, and Hyunjin reappeared. They looked all a bit worse for wear with messy hair and flushed cheeks.

I smiled to myself and hoped no one else noticed.

'Wow, Felix you look awesome!' Jisung shouted through the whole room as soon as he saw me.

'Thanks baby! You do, too!' I called back, referring to his flustered look.

He blushed a bit.

'The stylists really served you well with that one' Minho said appreciative.

I had to laugh.

After all the make-up and my hair were done, I was finally able to catch a glance at myself in the mirror.

The others were right. It really did look good on me.

The light colouring and the tulle made me look soft and warm; and my make-up was more feminine than usual, too, with glitter on my cheeks and rhinestones below my eyes. My hair was done in an attempt at french braids, which were kept in place only by tons of hairspray. But it suited my face.

It was amazing.

I felt amazing.

And comfortable.

I love it.

I can't wait for stays to see me.

I hope they'll love it as much as I do.

Two minutes before we stepped on the stage, Jeongin came to me, whispering in my ear.

'It suits you so much better than it would me. You glow.'

.

.

.