Bossy II

**Some Hours Later**

They came out of the airport after they got their bags.

“So where are we going to?” Kelly asked Ophelia who looked around for a cab.

“We could ask some cab min to take us to some hotel for us to lodge in.” Ophelia said without paying attention to her.

Then she saw a black cab driving by, she signaled for it to stop. The drive stopped right in front of them. They stepped in.

“Do you know any cheap hotel we could lodge in? We just came here for the first time.” Ophelia asked the cab man politely.

“Sure, miss.” The cab man said and ignited the car's engine.

It was in the evening and the sun set already.

**

Ophelia looked out of the windows. She will be starting her life all over again.

“This place.” The cab man said as he stopped in front of an hotel.

“Thank you.” She paid him and they both got down.

They looked around and headed towards the entrance.

"Good day." Ophelia greeted the receptionist.

"How may I help you, Miss?" The receptionist asked.

"Any room available?" Ophelia asked while Kelly sat down on the chair at a corner going through her phone.

"Yes, Miss. Room 341 and Room 568 are available for the two of you." The receptionist said.

"Oh, no. We will be staying together. Room 568 will do." She said with a quick, small smile.

"Oh... This is the key. You go straight now, you then turn by the left, you will see a staircase there. Then follow through with the numbers." She gave the key to her and Ophelia collected it.

"Kelly, let's move." She called out. Kelly stood up and hauled her suitcase.

"Hope it is not expensive?" Kelly asked with a whisper. Ophelia shook her head negatively and they walked up the stairs. They got to the room and pushed the door open.

'Is there no other room that us quite closer to the the reception. See how long we walked and also there is no elevator." Kelly complained as she slumped on the bed. She bounced up real quick. Ophelia turned to look at her.

"Any problem?" She queried with an arched eyebrow. Kelly sniffed the room and scrunched her nose.

"For how long are we going to be staying here?" Kelly asked with a pout.

"For as long as we are able to find a new apartment." Ophelia said in a dismissive tone as she looked around. she walked towards the window and looked out. The stars were already aligning. She breathed out.

She has come this far.

"I will be in the bathroom." Kelly announced and slammed the door shut.

*

*

Demetrius' car drove into the garage. He stepped out hurriedly and walked briskly towards the door of his mother's house. He pushed it open and went in. He saw his mother and sister sitting. They were obviously waiting for him.

"Mom, see. Dimitri is here." Maureen yelled and ran to meet him. He chuckled and carried her.

"Little sissy is being energetic today." He joked and she giggled. His mother walker towards her with an annoyed look. He noticed this and dropped Maureen.

"Mom, I told you I won't stay long. Here I am." Demetrius said as he pulled his mother into an hug.

"Happy Birthday to my gold, my jewel and my treasure." He said and gave her a peck on her forehead. She smiled and pulled his cheeks.

"Ouch!, mom." He faked a wince.

"Hey, brother. If mother is your jewel, treasure and everything you called her. What of me?" Maureen, his younger sister asked in her childish nine years old voice.

He crouched down to her level.

"You... You are my angel... My big baby... The love of my life. The only person that is always and will forever be close to my heart just like mother is." He said and hugged her.

"That is not soothing enough." She scoffed. Typical sister of his.

"What about this when I get back from work tomorrow, we will go get you some ice cream as brother and sister." He said with a smirk.

"Oh, please. Don't think you can use that to bribe me." She said and rolled her eyes jokingly. He chuckled.

These were the only people that could see him smile. This was his life.

"Well, mom. I got you something." He said with a mischievous glint in his hair.

"Really?" She chipped like a teenager.

"Yes, want it?" He asked with a unnoticed smirk.

"Sure, anything from my son on my birthday." She said with a bright smile.

"Give me some seconds." He said and went back outside.

He pulled the car and carried a little box he had gotten when he was coming back from the airport.

He smirked.

"She is definitely not expecting this." He mused.

He went back inside and saw his mother waiting anxiously for him.

"Here I am." He said, handing the box to her. She excitedly collected the box and opened it immediately. Then suddenly, some decorative materials puffed, covering her face. Demetrius and Maureen started laughing.

"Oh, mom." He said amidst laughing and his mother looked at him as if she should murder him with a smile trying to force its way on her lips. Demetrius collapsed on the chair laughing so hard. Maureen was rolling on the floor, laughing.

"Mom, you remember you did this when it was mine also. So don't even think of getting annoyed." He said, still laughing.

"Like seriously, Demetrius. I told you your sister was the one who brought that idea." She said with a playful snort. He chuckled and walked towards her.

"Mother, you are special to me. So these little things are something I do from the bottom of my heart. I want us to be happy like before. Like when dad was with us." He added with a small assuring smile. He nodded his head curtly and placed her head on his shoulders. Maureen walked towards them and hugged them together.

This was all he wanted. His small family happy. His family comes first before all things.

"So are we eating the cake or not?" Maureen asked breaking the brief silence that had descended.

"Sure." His mother said and they all walked towards the dining table.

"Wait, Demetrius. Go take some bath." She said with a knowing look. He rolled his eyes.

"Don't eat the cake." He yelled as he climbed up the stairs. Their mother and Maureen giggled.