22

~Ophelia's POV~

"Good Morning, sir." I greeted him with forced bow.

"Good morning." His voice came out muffled.

What's with him this morning again?

"How was your night, Sir?" I asked as a caring secretary that I should be.

"Fine and yours?" He managed to ask but I could see that his mind was filled with other thoughts. He stood up and walked towards the transparent glass, he had his hands in his pocket as if he was thinking deeply about something.

"What is your relationship with that guy?" He asked after a while.

"Huh? Which guy?" I asked, not getting what he meant.

"The guy that tried to touch you." He replied.

Oh, he is talking about Jeremy. Should I tell him?

"He.. Is my ex-boyfriend." I replied with little hesitation. He then turned towards me and raised an eyebrow.

"If I knew that this was lover's fight. I would not have interfered. Sorry if I caused you any pain." He said and I looked at him with my eyebrows raised in skepticism and query.

Wow, never knew he could even apologize.

"Why did you break up?" He asked and turned back to what the glass. He watching cars move along the road.

"It... Is private." I replied almost immediately. I definitely can't tell him. Not when he is always that big-headed boss. And I am very sure he would use it against me each time he gets the chance.

"Gosh, I should not have asked that question. Sorry for invading your privacy. How is your face?" He asked me.

Hasn't he looked at me this morning?

I think he is thinking too much.

"F-Fine." I answered.

"Gosh, my head is hot. I need to swim." He said and tugged at his tie.

Swim? Like seriously?

Then suddenly, the telephone on his table rang. He walker towards it and picked.

"Let him in." Was all I heard. Then the door creaked open and a man stepped him. I noticed Demetrius tensed and later relaxed. I turned around only see Demetrius somewhat almost lookalike.

"Ryan." Demetrius called out in greeting as he went to sit on the office chair. The man seemed to smile, no scratch that. He smirked. You know that kind of smirk that gives you chills. Yes that was it and he walked over to meet Demetrius.

"Long time no see." He said and cast a quick acknowledging glance at me. I managed to bow a little before turning to Demetrius.

"Should I leave you for a while?" I asked him.

"No, not really. And besides, this is my brother, Ryan Valecian." He said, introducing him.

"Nice meeting you, sir." I said with a forced, polite smile. He smiled back at me. Why does he seem familiar to me?

His eyes... I must have seen them somewhere but I don't know... No, maybe I am just overthinking.

~Demetrius' POV~

I don't know why I asked Ophelia those questions, I just felt like asking her. And not to talk of them being lovers. But now is not the time to think about that, my step brother, Ryan sat in front of me with his eyes... Glued on Ophelia. My eyebrows creased in confusion. Do they know each other?