Chapter 3

RING RING

You were woken up in the morning by a text from Howell telling you that the cafe is closed for the day to repair the kitchen which you thanked whoever was watching you because you honestly didn't feel like working today. Then you proceeded to fall asleep for a few more hours before waking up. While getting out of bed you went to make lunch for yourself after getting ready for the day, you saw that another notification had popped up on your phone.

A text from Bee

'The temp agency didn't go so well, but look at all this neat stuff I got!'

She then sent you a pic of her new wished-for pet in the middle of a pile of plush turtles her thumb covering most of the picture.

You let out a laugh and sent laughing emojis. Sometimes you questioned her antics but at the same time, it was entertaining and fun so you didn't bother asking how she got the many plushies.

'Nice thumb hahaha is it okay if I can come over and bring some stuff for ur new wish pet?'

She never responded back after that so you shrugged perhaps she was still busy anyways you finished making your lunch which consisted of a simple sandwich, chips, and fruit juice. You thought about Cardamon your small landlord, actually his mom was the landlord but you never officially met her. You decided to bring him some lunch as well since his mom was in a coma... who was feeding him properly? You always saw him eating candies and bowls of cereal but no one else would question him being alone as if they were ignoring the topic.

While walking over to Cardamon's house you thought about how you had shown up on the island.

*Flashback*

Before you left to start your new life your mom handed you a note she told you not to open but to hand it to some lady with lilac hair. That was the last time you spoke to her before the next morning she was gone. Your heart broke first your dad and now her? Life wasn't fair but you had to keep moving as much as you wanted to curl up in a ball and cry you knew your parents would not want you to be mourning them for long like that.

They would always call you their shooting star since they always loved space and would talk to you a lot about it. Your father would always tell you these stories of him adventuring with your mom and these other people even a baby. He had the silliest stories to tell you he never got into full detail though so you never thought much of it. You had handed the note to Cardamon when you arrived since  there was an address written on it. He had answered the door there was you standing there disheveled with a few suitcases behind you and puffy eyes.

"I don't know who you are"

"I'm sorry I'm Y/N my mom had given me this and told me to come here after she um passed... here's a letter for-"

You squinted your eyes at the letter

"Violet"

Cardamon's eyes had lit up upon hearing his mom's name come out of your mouth before eyeing you suspiciously

"Let me see the letter please" you handed it to him

"So is Violet your mother?-"

He ignored your question and ripped open the letter reading what he could (He didn't want to ask for your help on certain words) only picking up on a few words 'old friend' 'daughter' 'place to stay 'please' he realized your mother knew his. He was slightly upset he thought you would be the one to help wake her up from her sleep but you were not. But might as well show you where you will be staying from now on its what his mom would do.

"Follow me" he walked straight past you with you following after him heading towards a small house away from the main house but still nearby.

"You will stay here from now on. You need to pay me rent every month since I'm your landlord"

You nodded "Wait so what about Violet?"

"My moms sleeping currently"

He unlocked the door with the many keys he had and handed you the one for the front door

"Here are your keys, goodbye" he hopped down the front stair of the small house before heading back over to his house. You were hella confused but didn't question it. While grabbing your stuff you dragged it inside and threw yourself on the couch that was kinda dusty.

"I really need to clean" you blew the dust articles out of your face "tomorroooww" you looked at the ceiling and fell asleep wondering if coming here was the right choice

*end of flashback*

You almost tripped and slammed into his front door since you were so distracted by your thoughts. Then you proceeded to stand up straight and knock on the door careful not to drop anything. He opened to door with his bed head rubbing his eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

You gave him a soft smile "It's already past afternoon Cardamon... I brought you some lunch!"

His eyes light up at the thought of food he let you inside before closing the door behind you. There were candy wrappers everywhere. You set everything down on the table putting it on plates.

"Do you want to eat first or give your mother her food?"

"....Can you give it to her?" He asked you quietly while sitting on a chair to eat his portion of the food. You nodded your head at his request.

"Of course I will be back really quick!" You grabbed the plate you had made for his mom and headed over to the room being careful of the origami on the floor you grabbed the old plate that was left there for her. Putting it in a trash bag that was nearby and setting the new food down.

You had started making extra food for her since the first time you made Cardamon food he went and left it next to her bedside table right away. It broke your heart so you decided to make both of them food. You looked over at her and saw the little origami swans surrounding her all over the room. He had stopped by your house one day and asked for your help in making them which you gladly accepted. You didn't ask why but he told you he had heard about the belief of making 100 origami swans would grant your wish. You knew it wasn't true, but you didn't want to tell him and instead helped him make the origami.

"I hope you wake up soon, he really needs you. I am watching out for him for you until you wake up ." Smiling at her before heading out to check on Cardamon knowing you won't get a response closing the door you didn't see the single teardrop fall down her cheek.