Chapter 14

"La la la"

You were busy again at the cat cafe waiting for customers to arrive while tapping your nails against the register and looking out to see if anyone will come into the cafe. "Ugh, I can't believe that we still don't have a lot of customers coming in." While walking away and groaning out in frustration at the state of this place with cobwebs you decided to clean the cafe while waiting.

Today was your first day opening alone since you had told Howell to go rest while you managed the cafe for the day since usually he is always there managing and now that you were assistant manager why not give him the day off? He deserves it for working so hard and letting you have off days most of the time.

It was lonely though since it was just you and the cats meowing being heard around the building. All of a sudden everyone was too busy today to come into the cafe to help you so you were stuck alone for the day. Although even there was no one else you had put your playlist on in the speakers of the cafe that dullness around you never seemed to waver. After you finished cleaning and singing your heart out in a mini-concert in front of all the cats you sat down and banged your head against one of the tables in the cafe.

"What should I do? There's literally no one coming in and it's super lonely..."

You sighed looking around at the cats that were circling around you till you heard feverish meowing coming from the pregnant cat. You glanced over at her noticing her hopping inside of her little basket that you and Howell had put out for her to rest in since she couldn't move around as much as before due to being pregnant.

"Oh no"

The cat began to meow wildly as you realized something was coming out. "Oh no...OH NO!!!" You were freaking out since you had never delivered kittens before and you weren't sure what to do. "WHO DO I CALL?? UMM LET ME CALL HOWELL" you had decided to call the beautiful man hoping he would answer but your hopes were crushed as you were sent straight to voicemail. You decided to leave a message.

"HEY HOWELL IT'S Y/N! UMM THE CAT IS HAVING HER BABIES AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! call me back byeeee"

It was then you started to worry about who to call in this situation to ask for their assistance, but not wanting to bother people with your problems you decided you should just do this yourself. As you were in the middle of thinking a loud MEOW rung through the cafe and you decided it was time for you to stop being a scaredy cat and to help this new mom in need.

You quickly grabbed a pair of clean gloves and some wet/dry towels and started to help the poor thing deliver her babies. One by one each baby was coming out as you placed them beside her for her to clean them. "Girl, are you almost done?" She meowed back with what you assume was sass and the last kitten had finally come out which was scraggly looking but you just sat him with the rest of the babies. You began to clean up the area after the birth and came back to look down and the new kittens and their mom.

"You guys are so cute!"

Finally, you heard the cafe door open and Howell rushed inside next to you spinning you around from looking at the cats and grabbing your shoulders leaning in close to your face. "Okay Y/N where are the babies? Were you able to deliver them? Please tell me they are safe-" You smiled happily at him before nudging your head below to the basket on the ground next to the two of you.

"Take a look for yourself"

He let go of you and looked down at the cat and kittens below in the basket. "They are the cutest things I have ever seen" The both of you were busy fawning over the kittens till he realized he is supposed to be off "Alright since everything here is going perfectly fine I will be on my way, let me know if you need anything." You give him a thumbs up "Of course! See you later Howell!" The both of you bid farewell to each other. You see from the window the cat cafe car is now gone and you walk back behind the register deciding to leave the new family alone for a while.