Chapter 17

"Have you eaten with us before?"

Howell had gone to sit the three of you down at a table in the cat cafe, well you were going to go work at making whatever Bee ordered but Howell said he will handle it since it's supposed to be your day off and to go sit down with them. You obliged and now you were sitting down next to Bee with Puppycat on the other side of her, petting one of the kittens chilling in her hair while she decides what to eat. Howell keeps on talking to Bee about what she wants as you stare down at the menu in front of you daydreaming not paying any attention to the chaos happening directly in front of you till Howell finally went to speak to you. He proceeded to poke you on the head with his pen before asking what you wanted.

"Umm... I would like to have a slice of cheesecake!"

He smiled as he walked off back into the kitchen, honestly you chose the safest thing which was the desserts. You knew that there were still some leftovers from the day before that you had baked so they weren't going to be made by one of the Wizard siblings at the cafe. Bee had moved Puppycat's chair in between the both of you to stop him in case he tried to punch Howell with his tiny fists. Charles had stopped by hopping near Bee's side eyeing her before he began to knock off all the silverware that was on her napkin.

She turns to you and Puppycat before speaking "Charles is a bit guarded emotionally. You have to let him come to you." As he kept on trying to stick his paw in her mouth, she manages to get up and grab the silverware that fell on the floor. "Oh. Looks like Howell's a little bit behind on maintenance." You chime in from your spot "It will be cleaner soon!" You hoped that it would be since you weren't able to reach the high parts of the cafe there were noticeable webs and dust up there but other than that the cafe looked in pretty good shape. That was all due to you kicking ass and cleaning what you could from around the cafe. Puppycat looked around as well seeing the dust and told her to get up from the floor, it was then that Howell had come out of the kitchen with your guy's food.

"Here we go."

He placed the monstrosities of food on your table in front of Bee and Puppycat then you looked forward to seeing your plate until you saw that horrible black sauce was drizzled on top. You gazed up at him with a closed smile while clutching your knife and fork in both hands. Meanwhile, Bee was saying that she didn't order the sauce-drowned food that was placed in front of her, Puppycat touched the food with his paw before declaring "Wesley made this." Then proceeded to eat the food that Wesley made. You decided to speak up since you didn't want any black sauce "I didn't order black sauce on my cheesecake...Get back here!" Howell quickly made his getaway while walking back to the kitchen in a hurry. "Enjoy your meal." You made a fist at him and quietly put it down, you started to carefully take off the black sauce on top trying not to get it anywhere else on the cheesecake. Bee starts to pick at her food as well with her fork but sadly her food and Puppycat's were swimming in that black sauce Howell put. She looked down muttering "Gross" while swiping bites of the many dishes that were given to her which was basically all the same scoop of black sauce. Puppycat was busy eating his broccoli while saying sorry to Wesley and kept eating lifting up his broccoli for the both of you to see

"Only this tastes normal."

As the three of you continued to try and eat the food Bee spoke up to Puppycat. "Hey, Puppycat, you got a friend with you." He kept munching on his food for a while. "Yes, you are both my friend" she shook her head and reiterated herself "No, a broccoli friend, it's a nice way of saying you have food stuck to your teeth." You kept poking around your cheesecake. "That's a cute way of saying it and aw Puppycat you're my friend too!" He nodded at you before opening his mouth and started to poke around as Bee directed him to where the broccoli was.