Chapter 4

"What the heck?!"

You were walking outside with Cardamon when you noticed there was a tv remote outside of his front door near the bushes. Cardamon proceeds to just casually pick it up and continue walking along with you in tow. You eye the remote in Cardamon's hand knowing pretty well that it's Bee's remote for her tv.

"I think that is Bee's remote." Cardamon nods in confirmation continuing on silently. Suddenly you two heard barking and you turned your head to the right and see two puppies sitting there.

"OMG HOW CUTE!!" You started to squeal in excitement at the two cuties holding up white bell-shaped flowers. As you were about to start spewing out more nonsense about how cute they are.

A small hand tugs a bit slightly at the bottom side of your blue cardigan with little orange fishes around it (Thanks Wesley) Cardamon proceeds to give you a blank look and puts his finger over his mouth to which you respond with a zipper motion as you looked over to see the puppies waiting for you to be done with little smiles on their faces.

"What are you trying to tell us, puppies?" 

Just then they move the white bell flowers side to side and the outcome is another dog looking exactly like the puppies but older and with a bow tie. You stared in amazement and your eyes flickered over to Cardamon, the expression on his face was priceless it made you smile seeing him so amazed by the new dog popping out. Then she proceeds to bark at the two puppies seeming angry but they take it like champs.

"Wow, she's royalty... but the apartment complex doesn't allow pets."

 He looks down to see the royal dog laying down by his feet while the two puppies come and sat by yours. "Well I mean you are the landlord Cardamon, I'm sure you can break a few rules once and a while." (Cough cough Puppycat and Wesley's fish-filled bedroom) Wow, you sure were thinking of Wesley a lot today maybe you should visit him later and go fishing with him even though Howell gets annoyed and claims he's just turning me into another fish hoarder. Cardamon then proceeded to pet the dog contently.

"Well, maybe you can at least come to work with us to do my work today." Yeah, you help Cardamon with issues around the complex or accompanied him on errands when you can to which he gives you a small discount on your rent for helping him.

"Sorry puppies, you can't come"

 Aw hell no you were already trying to name these two adorable babies already. You were literally in the middle of petting one when he said that. "I will come back for yoouuuuu...." You tell the puppies in a whisper as you stalk off with Cardamon to the issues in which you assist him. The puppies proceed to bark then wag their tails and head on elsewhere with the white bell flowers. After the short walk, you are at the front doorsteps of the Wizard family home, you liked their last name it was unique which made you wonder how your name would sound with it haha jk (maybe) you heard faint talking about gizpagayo? eh oh well. Deckard then opened the door to the sight of you waving happily at him and a small child with lavender hair. 

"Hello, I'm your landlord. I've come for the rent." Deckard waved back at you with a small smile "Hey Y/N, oh yeah, sure." he then looked down at Cardamon "Umm. Let me get that for you... little kid." As Deckard moved away from the door for you two to go inside you spotted Castaspella chilling by what looked like a big bowl of fruit punch with vegetables in it. "Hey, Cas!!!" You loved seeing her since she would drag you with her to do her skincare routines sometimes (without Howell) recently you haven't seen her as much since she's working a lot on her laptop. You have brought her different facial masks that you find and hope to try out soon. When she is able to have the free time to relax for the whole day hopefully, soon she will be able to use them with you. 

She looks confused "Wha... You're the landlord?" then she responds to your greeting with a smile "Hey Y/N...What happened to the old landlord?" You tilted your head 'how long has it been since Violet has been in a coma?' you did sort of shrivel up internally at her question towards Cardamon since he's quite sensitive towards the topic of his mother, but he didn't say anything. But he did walk inside with you and the new dog in tow as you sat down on one of the stools in front of the weird bowl filled with something in front of you. 

"Oh, hey since your here. I've been hearing something in the walls." 

Deckard walked behind Cas to go get the rent money "Cas, don't boss the little child around." You looked into the bowl in front of you "Deckard what is this in the bowl?" you hear shifting coming from the hallway "Oh it's Gizpachino, Gichino, URGH GAZPACHO try some" you nod grabbing a stray cup and pouring a bit into it before trying it. It tasted pretty good you shrugged. Looking over at Cas and Cardamon seeing him going to go check the walls by boinking his little hammer against the wall. You see a person-shaped crack form making your face fall from the neutral facial expression you had. 

As you nearly slam the cup down you get up from your seat on the stool and pull Cardamon away from the huge crack in the wall "Umm I don't think someone is supposed to be in your walls guys..."  Deckard pulls up next to you two along with Cas, taking your shoulder and gently pulling you two towards him to get you guys away from the crack. "No there isn't supposed to be a faceless body shape inside of the wall." the dog continues to bark at the wall continues to cracking further and further then Cas steps forward eyebrows going inwards " Wait.. Why does this look so familiar?" she cracks her knuckles. Just then the wall bursts open as Cardamon pushes more into you muffled "I want to run away! Let's go!" A woman with long blonde hair and a wrestling outfit proceeds to come out of the wall.

A/N: Sorry for the delay in updating I have been busy with finishing up projects and finals for school and working so it has become hectic. Hopefully, I will have a better update schedule soon. Thank you all for reading, liking, and commenting on this book it really means a lot to me! :) See you guys next chapter!