Part 14

Vote and Fan Please :)

Lewis’s POV

“We will be landing shortly. Thank you for flying with LAX.” A cheerful voice announced over the intercom. A child seated next to me looked up at his mother and asked,

“Are we almost home, Mommy?” Spending a few days back in the place I grew up in remembering my parents had been emotional, but then again it always was for me. Every year I’d invite Rowland to visit their graves with me, but he never did. I wasn’t sure if he didn’t come because he didn’t care or because he didn’t like to reveal to others that he had a heart. Of course, I had always doubted he had heart, and if he did I always imagined it to be cold and black, but maybe he really was caring after all. Maybe he did just want to hang out with me more now that I had moved to the same city as him. Maybe he could make up for his mistakes, leave it all in the past, and be the big brother I had always wanted. I’ll give him a call once I get back home and find my cell phone. We could talk about things, make up. And I’ll stop off at Ana’s as soon as this plane lands. I decided.

Ana’s POV

DING DONG! Who the heck was at my door at—I checked my clock—oh, it’s 11a.m. Ugh! I really needed more sleep; I had been awake every single night since the “Rowland Incident” and the lack of sleep was really hitting me hard. Yesterday morning I literally fell asleep in my bowl of cereal and had milk in my hair and all over myself. It was a disaster! But not even sleeping pills could take away this guilt I felt. I just couldn’t get to sleep at night without having flashbacks of the incident. What I had done made me sick, and this was my way of punishing myself for it.

I opened the door and there he was, a god among men, tanned and gorgeous with his emerald eyes sparkling down at me. And here I was, in a giant power puff girl t-shirt and shorts, with my hair a mess and puffy red eyes.

“Where have you been?” I just stood there, looking at him.

“Australia.”

“Why?”

“It was the anniversary of my parents’ deaths. I went to pay my respects.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” I started to cry again. I was so selfish and such a horrible person!

“I didn’t want to burden you on your birthday, and I forgot my phone here so I couldn’t call.” That explained how Rowland had his phone. In fact, Rowland had probably stolen it from him, being the kind of evil man he is.  “Oh, come on now. Don’t cry! I should have just told you.”

“No, it’s not that. I-I think you should come in.”

We went into my living room and sat down next to each other on my couch. I faced him.

“Lewis, I’ve got something to tell you. Something bad.” My cell phone started ringing.

“Build me up, buttercup baby

 Just to let me down,

And mess me around!”

I ignored the call. It was just from Patrick. He could wait.

“Anyway, like I was saying, I’ve done something terrible.”

Lewis looked confused. “What did you do?”

“I—“ My phone rang again. “Ugh, let me take this! Sorry!” I answered the phone.

“What, Patrick? I’m in the middle of something.” I snapped.