Chapter 10

After shopping for a little over an hour, Hope and Josie finally make their way towards the exit.

They ended up getting two carts because Lizzie wanted so many things."She knows I'm not just a walking money bag doesn't she?" Josie asks herself as her and Hope load everything into her car.

"What do you mean?" Hope asks handing Josie the last few bags.

Josie sets them in the back."our dad gave Lizzie and I a certain amount of money for the first couple of months. He's working as hard as he can to pay for our school fees and so is our mom who's taking a bigger sacrifice by flying out of the country."

Hope frowns,"you don't get to see her a lot because of that right?" She asks.

Josie's lips form a tight line."yeah, it kind of gets into the way but she's working on talking to Lizzie and I more. As long as she tries, I'll be okay." She says, lips quirking into a smile.

Hope's frown disappears after hearing that and Josie wants to know why the whole situation saddened her.

Hope returned the shopping cart and got into the car along with Josie. She pulled her sunglasses back down before looking at the brunette."You can play music if you want, it's Bluetooth." She says and starts the car.

Josie pulls out her phone and connects it to Hope's Bluetooth."what are you in the mood for? Some rnb, edm, or some pop?" She asks as she scrolls through her music playlist.

"Ooo just shuffle it and lets see what plays." Hope responds.

Josie picked the perfect chill vibes playlist she made and an decent song comes on.

The drive wasn't long so they were only able to listen to one. Josie would sing to it every now and then. Hope would try to turn down the music to hear but Josie would stop and hum to it instead, oblivious to what the auburnette was trying to do each time so Hope left it at the regular volume and enjoyed the lyrics and melody.

When they arrived at the school, Hope parked into the parking lot and turned off the car.

"Oh damn it. I forgot, who's going to help us with all of this stuff?" Josie asks and turns to look into the backseat.

"We got this. A few trips and we're fine, it's like a mini workout." Hope says taking off her seatbelt.

"A workout?" Josie whines not liking that idea.

"Yes lazy bones." Hope chuckles and opens her car door."A workout." She repeats.

Josie groans silently,"I'm not lazy."

She gets out of the car and proceeds to help Hope grab the bags. After both hands are full, they close the door to the car,and Hope locks it for good measure until they come back to get everything else.

"Wait for me." Josie says when she sees hope pushing forward easily even though she has the heavier bags.

Hope turned her head and she came to a stop when she realized how far ahead she was.

When Josie finally catches up, Hope chuckles,"you must be out of shape jo."

Josie felt butterflies when she heard the auburnette say the nickname."maybe just a little bit." She breathes, now walking side by side.