Chapter 22 "Landon?"

"Landon?" Josie asks.

"Oh hey guys," he says looking at Josie before keeping his gaze on Hope."Hi Hope." He says smiling.

He puffs out his chest, his nostrils flare slightly, and he squared his shoulders.

Josie rolled her eyes at how obvious he tends to be with Hope all the time,"I didn't know you worked here." She says trying to get his attention because he's only focused on Hope which is starting to irritate her.

"Huh?" He says side glancing the brunette and he caught her glaring at him so he cleared his throat and started picking up their plates."Uh yeah, I've just started last week. I need money to pay some school fees so bus boy is the route I have to take at the moment."

Josie sighs understanding that part,'Why did he have to work here while Hope and I are currently on a date-friend date?'

Landon didn't wait on a response from Josie, he turned to face Hope again,"Are you still thinking about what we talked about earlier?" He says lowly.

Hope glanced behind him at josie and the brunette raised a brow getting an uneasy feeling but she tries to push it down.

Hope seen the confusion on the woman's face, she sighs before looking at Landon, and she nods at his question.

"You guys talked earlier??" She asks because her curiosity got the best of her and so did her nerves.

Landon looked between Hope and Josie, he rubbed the back of his neck before grabbing the rest of the dishes on the table."I'll see you guys later." He says walking away.

Josie watched him walk away, her confusion only growing, she shifts her gaze back toward the auburnette who's strangely quiet.

Hope fiddled with the rings on her fingers, showing nervous behavior which doesn't make Josie feel anymore relaxed.

"So you guys talked earlier?" Josie asks again because she hasn't gotten a response yet.

Hope nods,"Yeahh, remember when I said I had a lot to think about earlier?"

Josie looks at the auburnette for a second, wishing she had the power to see into the woman's mind because she doesn't like feeling this much anxiety.

"Yeah I remember."

Hope brings two of her fingers to her lips, caressing the tender skin with her fingertips,"I wanted to ask you something."

Josie cocked her head to the side at the response. She ran a hand through her hair to hide her nervousness because Hope is basically radiating the same feeling."you can ask me anything." She says reassuring the girl.

Hope looked like she was battling her thoughts and then she decides to just spit out whatever was on her mind."I wanted to know if it's okay for me to go out with Landon?"

Josie couldn't describe what she was feeling at that moment. Dread? Heartbreak? Betrayal? She doesn't know but it must've shown on her face because Hope was about to speak again but Josie was quick to cut her off.

"Uhm why are you asking me this?" her voice sounds trembly and shaky like she's about to breakdown but she clears her throat so it doesn't seem that way.

Hope catches it but doesn't mention it. She shifts uncomfortably under the brunettes gaze."Well you knew him longer so I wanted to know if he's a nice guy," she says looking at her fingers.

Josie sighs rubbing her sweaty hands on her scrub pants."Yeah he's a nice guy." She will give him that.

"Yeah," Hope agrees and makes eye contact with Josie again, her gaze is soft and so cute that Josie managed to smile even though her mood is slowly turning to shit."but I also wanted to know if there is any other reason why I shouldn't go out with Landon?" She asks.