Chapter 4

-Daniel-

I knew a place, and certainly, didn't take much time taking her there, and trying not to trip through the pure elation.

It was new, and at this level it was overwhelming.

Every part about her had been tonight in a way that was mouth-watering. She was still a mystery to be discovered in very many aspects, but in the few I've uncovered already.

She was a frenzied flame, unlike anyone I'd ever encountered. Raw power kept nicely contained in the most beautiful and assured being.

I didn't dare to try again to search her instinct. I didn't find the risk work the reward.

The risk of her growing wary and backing away, taking with her the sparks this night had ignited between us.

The conversations, the laughs, that look she gave me after she checked to see if my compliments were genuine. It was all so perfect.

That, and then the way she kissed me made my knees go weak.

I'm a prince. Such things shouldn't happen to me from just anybody, and I couldn't help but wonder if things would be different had she known that.

Later. I could wonder later. For now I had other things to focus on.

It sounded like she was only here for a short time, which saddened a part of me, oddly enough, but made me dedicated to making sure she left here with fond memories.

Fond enough to come back one day.

I pulled her into the room of the inn that resided two buildings down from the one we were just in, finding myself getting pushed against the wall the second the door was shut.

Not my typical place to be in these kinds of situations, but I didn't plan on stopping a woman who knew what she wanted.

Our hands returned to each other within a heartbeat, one on my shoulder and cheek were used to pull her back into me, and reignite our kiss.

I aided her, flattening a hand against her lower back, and quite a bit of her hair that was unavoidable.

Our purrs were already singing in unison, and I could taste that her enthusiasm was at a similar stage as mine was. I could feel it through my senses as well as just know it in how she was kissing me.

I'd go ahead and say mine was at a slightly higher level.

My skin was already itching to get these clothes off so I could embrace her fully, so I could feel these surprisingly gentle hands everywhere else.

But, I was waiting for her to initiate that. She'd already deemed herself at the one in charge, and I didn't care enough to try to change that given how well she played with it.

So instead, I twirled a finger around her belt loop, and pulled her hips to mine.

Her shuddering gasp made me peek open an eye, getting met with that deep pine green in her eyes.

They narrowed just a bit, and I felt her lips raise into a grin before they parted from mine.

I only got a single breath our before she returned with teeth against my bottom lip, fangs teasing the area while the hand on my cheek lowered.

Fingerpads tread lightly down the cords of my neck, eyes staring me down analytically like she was gauging my reaction.

My reaction was a deeper purr, and nearly tearing this belt loop from her pants getting my lips back onto hers.