3.2

When I woke up I headed down and started on breakfast I saw Sarah painting a yellow sunflower and smiled at her when the doorbell rang. "Nica can you get that, I'm painting" Sarah called out, Nica was muttering under her breath but went and answered the door. I smiled as I put the food on the plates and then the table.

I entered the living room and saw Sarah on the couch with a box, "breakfast is done" I said, smiling at them, Sarah and Nica nodded.

"Who's it from?" Nica asked.

"It doesn't say," Sarah said when she scoffed as she saw what was in the box. "Must be some kind of joke" Sarah said, pulling Chucky out of the packing peanuts.

"I don't get it," Nica said.

"Neither do I," Sarah agreed.

"He's cute," Nica said, I smiled, as I looked at my husband. I definitely missed him.

"If you say so," Sarah said.

"Hi. I'm Chucky. Wanna play?" Chucky asked in his doll voice.

"Alice will love him," Nica said, then she wheeled away, and Sarah put Chucky under her arm and headed to the kitchen, opening the garbage lid.

"If you're going to throw him away, I can keep him. He reminds me of my husband just to keep me company" I said, Sarah looked from the doll to me.

"Are you sure?" Sarah asked.

"He's just a doll Sarah, and if Alice wants him when they visit she's more than welcome to have him," I said, she nodded.

"Just keep him in your room," Sarah said, passing me Chucky, I put him on my lap and he used a hand and rubbed circles on my thigh.

"I'll put him up as soon as I'm finished cleaning," I said, she nodded as Nica came in.

"Why do you have the doll?" Nica asked as she went to her bowl.

"Your mother was going to throw him away, so I said I can keep a hold on him until Alice comes and if Alice wants her then she can have her," I said, Nica nodded, and we all started eating. I had my free hand under the table and rubbed his thigh in return, teasing him as he teased me, when Sarah finished she headed back to the living room.

"So what's your family like?" Nica asked.

"Well I married two amazing people and we have three kids. It's like a zoo but I love my family" I said.

"How'd you meet them?" Nica asked.

"Well my sister and her husband, met them from Jesse's neighbour as she wanted them to take a couple of dolls to Jersey, I met them on that trip. I realized pretty quickly that I cared about them, but I didn't say anything because well it was 1998, and they just got engaged so I didn't want to ruin what they already had" I said.

"So when did you get with them?" Nica asked.

"2004, the four of us had a road trip. They brought their son, who died from pneumonia a few days later, but I was there with them and helped them through it, and we grew closer and realized that we care about each other, and now we have three beautiful kids" I said.

"What're their names?" Nica asked.

"Well there's Glen, our eldest son, Tiff gave birth to him in 2004, and I gave birth to Glenda and Gloria in 2004. Born the same day, a few minutes apart, but they look almost identical that they're mistaken as triplets so it's just easier to say that they are, it confuses people less" I said.

"What about your wife and husband?" Nica asked.

"Well Tiff and Charles are definitely characters, but they mean the world to me, I'm willing to die for them if it means they live, but it's always been like that. What about you? What's your romantic life like?" I asked, changing the subject as I felt Chucky pinch my leg as a warning.