1.2

The next day after our spa day, Jade, David and I were sitting outside, talking about last night and her failure to see Jesse.

"David, you remember when you were seeing Brad Barker?" Jade asked.

"Oh! Vividly. Whoo!" David said, slightly shaking his head.

"You loved him, didn't you?" Jade asked

"Yeah... I did" David said.

"What happened?" I asked.

"His mother found a letter I'd written him. She freaked, and we haven't spoken since" David said, when Jesse's van pulled up across the road. "You know, Jade, we get very few chances in life to be happy. You gotta grab the brass ring when you can" David said pointing to the van, Jade saw him and ran up and hugged him. When they pulled back me and David walked towards them. "Hey Jesse," David said, waving at him.

"Hey dude," Jesse said.

David started to walk away before turning back "I want details" David said before getting in his car, so I went up to Jesse and Jade.

"Jesse, Uncle Warren will be home any second. If he catches you here he won't be happy" I said.

"You know I'll never take you for granted, right Jade," Jesse said cupping her face.

"Jesse..." Jade said.

"Like if you'd cook, I'd do the dishes, right?" Jesse asked

"What are you talking about?" Jade asked, confused.

"It's nothing, just something my neighbour told me, but you know that I'd do anything for you, anything at all. You know that, right Jade? Right?" Jesse asked.

"Yes. Yes, I know" Jade said.

"Then marry me," Jesse said, I raised my eyebrows at him.

"What?" I asked.

"Marry me, Jade, tonight"

"Uncle Warren will kill you if you do this Jade," I said.

"I don't care about Warren. That's why we're gonna disappear" Jesse stated, taking Jade's hand.

"Where are we gonna go?" Jade asked

"Anywhere you want," Jesse said.

"Well, what are you gonna do for money?" I asked.

"I got money," Jesse said, pulling out some money and showing her.

"Where did you get this?" I asked.

"You know my neighbour, Tiffany?" Jesse asked.

"Yeah," Jade and I said at the same time.

"She's paying me $500 to take a couple of dolls to a friend of hers in Jersey. Jade, there's another 500 when we get there" Jesse said.

"Oh, shit, Jesse. What has that freak gotten you into?" Jade asked.

"I don't know. I don't care" Jesse said.

"Jade, it's rude to call someone a freak," I said, defending his neighbour.

"I can put a deposit on an apartment. I'll get a job, and I'll help put you through college" Jesse said.

"Jesse $1000 won't last too long," I said, trying to get through to them this is a stupid idea.

"Jade, marry me. What do you say?" Jesse asked, completely ignoring me.

"I say I do," Jade said.

"Come on. Let's get you packed" Jesse said, taking her hand.

"I'm coming with you both," I said, Jesse nodded.