The Psychopathic Duo

Early the next morning, I was off. I left before the sun had even risen. I jumped from one tree branch to the next, moving so fast that it was almost a blur. I have greatly improved my speed during the chunin exams and I managed to get my stamina up pretty fast. To use the Flying Thunder god you needed great stamina and chakra reserves as well as great chakra control. I blinked, clearing my mind and thinking about the mission. 

I had to take out a group of rouge shinobi that had been raiding and harassing small towns. Their skill levels are all between chunin to low-level Jonin. There were about 40-50 of them. There were around 25 females out of the group and the rest were males. They called themselves The Warriors of Yami. They were supposedly around the village hidden in the rain and the village hidden in hot water, the now terrorist site. Most of the village hidden in hot water shinobi were now mercenaries and rouge shinobi now. They had pretty much little to no shinobi left at all. Most to all the small towns around there were mostly civilians who hired shinobi to protect them from the rogues and bandits. This group had supposedly been around for 2 years now. They were well-known in this area but they didn't have any remarkable feet so no one really went after them. None of them were in the bingo book which was disappointing, to say the least, and none of them really had much of a price on the black market. 

I settled my gaze up ahead. Normally it would be 2 days but at the speed, I was going it would take me just the day to get there. When I entered the village hidden in hot water, I slowed down slightly, and almost instantly after, I felt a few people start tailing me. I smirked to myself and continued as if I didn't notice. I felt a few more chakras up ahead. Ah. They were trying to corner me so they could check if I was a threat or not. I had already concealed my chakra so it appeared weak and frail, like a child's. they appeared on a few branches in front of me and I stopped on a branch as well. There were 4 in front and 2 behind. Levels: low chunin-mid chunin. One female. Three males. Ages: 19-32. 

"Who are you and why have you entered the village hidden in hot water's territory?" The female asked me. Her voice was firm and demanding. 

"Are you part of The Warriors of Yami?" I asked staring at her lazily. They immediately pulled out their weapons and based themselves for an attack. I quirked an eyebrow at them and smirked. "I'll take that as a yes them."

"What's it to you?" they shouted. I shrugged taking and step off the branch and falling backward. I fell, only, I never reached the ground. I teleported to behind them and pulled out a kunai as I swiftly took them out in less than 10 seconds. I stood over their bodies, and one only one I didn't kill was the youngest-looking one. He tripped over his feet and crawled away from me. I walked towards him and kneeled down in front of him. I had my kunai spinning in my hand as I looked him dead in the eye, my eyes gleaming. "If you tell me what I want to know. I'll let you go." I told him, my voice coming out deeper and more serious than before. I glanced at the kunai in my hand before looking back at him. "Well?"

"I- I'll t-tell you!" He stammered. 

"Do you have a main base?"

"W-we switch bases f-frequently."

"Where are the bases located?"

"I- I don't know. O-only the higher-ups know where the bases are located. I- I only know where the previous ones are." 

"Then where are the previous ones?" I'll check their bases and see if there is a pattern between their base locations. They also might be clues on where the scroll was kept and how many they had taken. Once the guy told me everything I needed to know, I let him. I knew it would probably go back to his group and tell them. I followed him secretly but didn't engage. I just observed and noted down the number of men, locations, weapons, skill levels, and advantages I could have. I also marked some trees with a seal in case I needed to escape in an emergency. After I had finished that I went to check out the previous bases. I was given the location of five in the area.