Peace Offerings

Third Person POV:

Ayame awoke the next morning, finding herself lying on the floor of her living room. She moved on autopilot, feeling strangely numb. She got up and took a long warm shower, mind wondering. What...should she do? Should she help Sakura? 

C̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ s̶h̶e̶ e̶v̶e̶n̶?̶

Should she try, or would she only make it worse?

B̶u̶t̶ s̶h̶e̶ d̶i̶d̶n̶'t̶ w̶a̶n̶t̶ t̶o̶ s̶e̶e̶ S̶a̶k̶u̶r̶a̶. I̶t̶ o̶n̶l̶y̶ e̶v̶e̶r̶ h̶u̶r̶t̶ w̶h̶e̶n̶ s̶h̶e̶ s̶a̶w̶ h̶e̶r̶.

"You're her sister."

Ayame scoffed to herself. Right, sisters, that's totally what they were. More like enemies than anything else. 

A̶n̶d̶ w̶h̶o̶'s̶ f̶a̶u̶l̶t̶ i̶s̶ t̶h̶a̶t̶?̶

Neither tried to understand the other, so who could really be blamed in this case? Both of them. It was both their faults. 

"She wanted to talk to you." Shikamaru had said.

Did...Sakura really want to talk to her though? Or did she just want to take a shot at her again?

B̶u̶t̶ w̶h̶a̶t̶ i̶f̶ S̶a̶k̶u̶r̶a̶ i̶s̶ t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ t̶o̶ f̶i̶x̶ t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶s̶?̶

Was Ayame pushing her away? Yes, she was. Did she have a good reason? Somewhat. She was tired of getting hurt by other people. E̶s̶p̶e̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ h̶e̶r̶ f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y̶. She was just so tired of it.

Is she in the wrong because she's tired of getting hurt? Maybe, but who's to say.

She left the shower and changed into a comfortable pair of clothes, strapping hidden weapons to herself absently. She tugged at her oversized sweater absently. 

She abruptly tensed when she felt another chakra signature inside her apartment. She turned around only to come face to face with a chest. 

Kakashi's chest to be exact. 

Ayame was not amused. She shoved him back. "Why do you constantly feel the need to invade my home?" She grumbled, crossing her arms with an annoyed pout.

"Mah, Ayame-chan, that's mean. You hurt your sensei's heart," Kakashi placed a hand on his chest in mock hurt. "And is it wrong for me to want to visit my darling student?"

"It is when you just enter their house without permission," Ayame mumbled, though she wasn't too bothered by it. She'd long gotten used to Kakashi's tendencies. She walked over to her sofa and took a seat, mind still wondering.

"I heard about last night." And well, wasn't that surprising? Ayame couldn't even bring herself to care at this point. Shinobi village, news spreads fast, shocker.

"Uh-huh, and what are you here for? To tell me to go see Sakura as well?" The bitterness in Ayame's tone seemed to somewhat surprise Kakashi if his excessive blinking was anything to go by.

Kakashi took a seat next to her. "No." Ayame eyed him with doubt. "I'm here to ask you how you are."

Ayame blinked. "What?"

"How was your mission?" He asked, pulling out his Icha Icha. Ayame stared at him for a second before she slumped in her seat.

"It was...fine."

"Hm, you seem pretty tired. Did you get any sleep?"

"I'm pretty sure I...fainted for a good couple of hours." She paused briefly, glancing at Kakashi. He didn't seem phased, or maybe he was just good at hiding it.