2.18

_

_

"what was Rafe talking about?" John B asked Belle the second he, JJ and Sarah climbed down from the tree.

"i found out my parents are working with Ward." Belle stated taking a seat on the wooden stool.

"what?" JJ asked.

"i went to go see them after we got back to apologize about skipping dinner and i heard my dad on the phone and bitching at Ward. i'm stupid i get it, i cut ties with them already and i'm really fucking sorry. i shouldn't have trusted them but i swear i thought they were actually trying to help, i just wanted to give them a second chance." Belle explained to the three avoiding eye contact with them especially JJ.

"you all have every reason to be pissed at me and i get it. i'm even pissed at myself." Belle was so angry with herself for telling her parents about John B and Sarah, she didn't know what else to do or even say to her friends.

__

Belle sat in John B's guest room looking out the window with her arms crossed. she hadn't said a word to anyone since she told them about her parents. JJ was confused on how this all happened, even he trusted her parents because they seemed so caring. he knew there had to be something else happening.

JJ opened the door to the room where Belle was slowly walking in and closing the door. she didn't even bother to look at who came into the room. he made his way over to her on the bed sitting besides her as Belle just stared out the window.

"i'm not mad at you if that's what you're thinking about. neither are John B and Sarah." JJ says looking at Belle who's gaze went towards her hands. "mad at your parents though? furious. but not you."

her eyes started to water as she quickly blinked away the tears looking back out the window shaking her head.

"none of this is your fault. okay? none of it." he assured her.

how could Belle possibly know her mother and father were working with Ward? she'd never seen them talking to him or even heard them speak about the Cameron family at all. it wasn't adding up. none of it was.

"i thought they actually cared this time." her voice was soft and shakey, "i thought they actually wanted to be a family and make up for the time they lost but.."

this wasn't the first time JJ had seen Belle like this, the day Noah and Liz first left Belle didn't speak to anyone for days. JJ scooted closer to Belle pulling her into his arms kissing the top of her head.

"i'm so sorry, J." she mumbled into his chest.

"don't. don't be sorry, it's okay. we'll figure this out together just like we always do okay?" he assured her.