Chapter 3: Different & The Same

Firefly walked into the Autobot base, her eyes sweeping over it before landing on the large metal contraption she'd come from.

The question, was whether or not it had the capabilities to send her home.

"It can't."

Firefly turned around and looked up at Optimus Prime.

He gestured toward the bridge. "You said that you were not here by choice. I am sorry to inform you that we have no way of helping you return to Zenthara."

"Do the Decepticons?" She asked.

He frowned. "As of right now, I am not entirely sure."

Firefly scowled. "What about the pod? Can it be fixed?"

"Absolutely not." Ratchet rolled his eyes, walking over. "Pods are designed for one way trips. And even if we could fix it, there's no way to launch it."

Sighing, Firefly nodded. "Who are you?"

"Ratchet. The grumpy medic." Firefly turned around as a group of three kids ran over. "I'm Miko!"

"Firefly."

"So you're an alien!?" Miko grinned. "Do you breathe? Do you shoot fire from your hands? Why are you so tall!? Can you fl–"

"Miko." Optimus interrupted. "Perhaps this discussion can be tabled for another time."

The girl whined and was dragged away by the two boys after they quickly introduced themselves. Firefly turned to look at the Prime.

"I need to contact my father." She told Optimus. "If you'll excuse me."

He nodded and Firefly looked around before making her way outside. The landscape surrounding the Autobot base was dry and cracked. It reminded her slightly of home, but that simply may have been because she was thinking about it.

Firefly sat down and pulled out her sword. She stared at it for a moment, twisting the blade in her hands before tightening her grip. It glowed brightly.

"Father. It's Firefly."

She waited patiently and then a few moments later, the sword began to pulse.

"Where are you?"

Firefly bit her lip. "That one dirt planet Mom was obsessed with. I got caught and an Autobot dragged me here."

She heard faint muttering from the sword before he spoke loud enough for her to hear. "Do you have the resources to get back?"

"No."

He sighed, "I can't send someone for you. Just hold on for now. We'll come up with something."

Firefly shook her head. "Don't worry about me, you have Zenthara to protect. I'll find a way back on my own."

"Don't do anything reckless."

"I wouldn't dream of it."

There was a pause. "I need to go. Stay safe, little Blaze."

"You too."

The glow on her sword dulled back into the silver metal of her sword. Firefly sheathed it and stared into the desert for a long moment.

Then she shook her head and stood up, heading back into the Autobot base, where they were preparing to go on a mission. Her eyes lit up and she walked forward, but Smokescreen beat her to it.

"Can I go!?" He asked, landing in front of Optimus excitedly.

The Prime shook his head. "We are on this planet as robots in disguise. You require both further training and a vehicle mode."