Chapter 5: We Like Big Blades

"The Decepticons on Earth, as you have seen, far outnumber my Autobot forces here." Optimus told Firefly, "I am not surprised that the same goes for those stranded on Zenthara."

"Ever since we made the treaty, Autobots had been pouring in. Of course, now the Decepticons control the airspace around the planet, meaning nobody gets in or out, but the war doesn't seem to be much different on either of our battlefronts." Firefly replied. "Except you are keeping yourselves secret."

Optimus nodded, "I fear the human population is not ready to behold us. Their unity is shattered and many nations thirst for more land and power. Introducing ourselves would only result in more warfare."

Firefly crossed her arms, "And you get to make that judgement?"

He scowled, "It is the only right one to make."

She scoffed, "When the Decepticons start raining fire on the nearest Metropolis, whose inhabitants are completely unaware of their existence, just remember that it will be your fault."

Optimus stood up from his kneeling position, "As I am fully aware."

There was a small hiss and both of them relaxed their hostile body language as the elevator let up one of the humans to the roof, where they were having their discussion.

Jack waved shyly, "Um, Ratchet says he's detected another beacon."

"I will be there shortly." Optimus replied before glancing down at Firefly. Something about the fact that she did not agree with his decisions set him on edge. Perhaps it was because she was such a high-ranking officer on her planet.

"I will take my Autobots to investigate the source of this signal." He told her, "I believe it would be best if you accompanied Smokescreen and Jack in their education course."

She rolled her eyes as they headed back into the building, where Smokescreen was laughing hysterically next to Jack.

"You call that education?" Firefly put her hands on her hips.

"Jack is responsible." Optimus assured her.

She shook her head and the two of them split up. Smokescreen transformed and opened the doors to his alternative mode. Jack jumped into the driver's seat quickly.

Firefly scowled as she climbed into the other seat. She hated being carried. The thing with Optimus yesterday was an emergency only. This was just ridiculous and unnecessary.

"Soooo," Jack smiled at her as Smokescreen drove out of the base, "are you ready for your first lesson in acting like a human?"

"I can act like a human just fine." She crossed her arms.

Smokescreen snorted, "You already forgot human custom number one."

Firefly looked down at herself in alarm, scanning her frame, but she looked normal. All except for the sword.

"I'm not ditching the sword." She glared.

Jack shook his head, "Seatbelt."

"Who is that?"

Both of them started laughing, "Oh, we have a lot of work to do."

▪️◾◼⬛◼◾▪️

Firefly discovered that humans had an insane amount of driving and road regulations. They also had signs everywhere to spew data to drivers. Most of this information was for Smokescreen, but she took note of it. All these precautions were likely a result of humans beings so fragile.

Losers.

But Jack did his fair share of telling her about Autobot protocol and how they did their missions. Smokescreen butted in quite often to add things he'd learned during his Elite Guard training. Firefly found most of the information useless, considering she'd spent plenty of time discussing battle plans with Autobot generals.