CHAPTER NINETEEN

It felt like the most suspenseful thing that had happened in her life. The royal physician and the nurses took a step forward towards her.

"If-If you take one more step towards me," Tatiana warned, "I-I'll make sure you never take a step inside the palace ever again!"

The royal physician halted and hesitated. Tatiana was trying to be intimidating to drive them away. She badly wants them to leave the room already.

"I apologize, my princess, but it is my sole duty to make sure that your health is in the best shape! That is how I love the kingdom!" the royal physician wailed.

The nurses who assisted him looked at each other with uncertainty. Tatiana rolled her eyes in annoyance at what the royal physician said.

"How patriotic of you," she sarcastically whispered to herself. "Where the hell is William?"

"Royal Physician? What are you doing here?"

Tatiana's face lit up when she heard William's familiar voice. She sighed in relief. Finally, she will be able to breathe.

"I have heard from a female servant that the princess is coming down to a cold. I was about to check her for other underlying symptoms."

There was silence.

"Really?" William asked, "if that is the situation, then please proceed."

What?! Tatiana thought, "Why does William not understand and get the message?!

"Yes, yes."

Tatiana shuddered as she felt them near. This was the end for her. Emma will discover how she lied and how the princess sneaked out of the room and pretended to be a servant. She shut her eyes tightly and decided to face the consequences.

"I'm fine! I'm telling you!" she yelled as she sat up. Surprisingly, there were no people around except for William.

Tatiana's heart finally gave in and she fell back to lying on her bed, panting. Bullets of sweat ran down her face and her clothes were soaked in it. She's not going to do it again. ever.

"I thought you didn't get the message," she said, looking at the ceiling. William stood formally at the side of the table and bowed his head.

"I said that out loud since there were servants that spied for the queen outside on but I signaled them all to go out." He explained, "the queen has her eyes on you, princess."

Everything seemed to go smoothly from the start, but now, Tatiana doesn't know anymore. Every time a servant enters her room or offers her food, she feels sick to her stomach. She feels like there's poison in every meal that's given to her.

Her stomach rumbled from hunger. For the past few days, she has only drunk water. When she looked at the mirror this morning, she was thinner than before but her skin became clear and glowed.