CHAPTER 32

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Tatiana was red and fuming in anger when she walked outside of the room.

Even Emma thought that the princess was too hot to touch. They started marching away from the room. Every person they passed by can't help but look over them with creased foreheads after seeing two servants marching and the other one was aggressively pushing the trolley like its wheels were about to come off.

Though it reminded Tatiana of the pushcarts in shopping malls that creaked when being pushed and every cart always at least had one broken wheel.

"Your highness, what happened back there?" Emma finally had the courage to act. The princess did not look over her direction and remained looking forward with fire in her eyes.

Tatiana grunted. "Elliot is being held hostage."

"A what? Hostage? What is that?"

"Something that only evil people do."

"What are we going to do now?" Emma asked. Tatiana opened her mouth as if to say something but closed it again.

"I don't know," she complained, "that's why I'm frustrated."

She promised Elliot that she will come back and save him but she doesn't know how. She just knows that she hates the queen and she wants to shove that's woman's face into some cake or something.

A few meters away, Bjorn Rocco, together with the knights, are walking in the covered path and are on their way to the palace's shack, which is dedicated for knights to have their meals.

"The summer's going to end soon," Morgan said while plainly looking at the trees that are slowly turning orange, yellow and red. "And soon it will be autumn."

"And we will soon be going to war, aren't we?" one of the knights asked. The others became silent and the ambience turned gloomy.

There is an ongoing war between Aragon and another kingdom in the outskirts. The other kingdom is trying to push back Aragon's border and expanding their own. The war there has been going on for months now and the process is taking too slow and many lives are lost.

"Don't worry." Morgan tried to lighten up the mood. "The Captain's father is on the field. The war will end soon enough and we won't have to be dispatched."

"Morgan, I just noticed that you talk too much for a person that has no feelings." One of the knights commented and the others started laughing.

"He's like an emotionless killing machine that like to talk." Another added and soon the whole group was laughing, except for Morgan who was just staring straight ahead and Bjorn who looked like he was in deep thought.

After that night, he never saw the princess loitering in the garden or the training grounds ever again. But something very strange happened to him. Ever since that day, the princess keeps on appearing on his dreams, whether it's a good dream or a nightmare.

"You Okay, Cap?" one of the knights asked. "You look like you don't have enough sleep these days."

"I'm fine." Bjorn answered grimly, "Just some fly has been bothering me for days."

"A fly?"

"Is that—is that the princess?" a knight said when they saw two women marching their way to them.

"There's the fly." Bjorn muttered under his breath.

Morgan raised his arm to wave at the princess but retracted it immediately when he noticed the expression on her face. She looked like there was fire blowing off from her flaring nostrils.

"That is one angry princess in a servant's clothes." Morgan commented, "looks like she loved pretending to be a servant."

Guilt started to build up inside Bjorn these past few days. He reprimanded the princess when he did not even know what happened between her and the teacher. He hates the princess but he does not want to fight her for something that's clearly not her fault.

He expected the princess to stop in front of him and greet him like she normally does or at least fight him like she does usually these days but the princess passed by them like a strong gist of wind blew past by them, even the knights jumped aside the pathway to give her space.

The scent of chocolate and vanilla trailed in the air after she passed which made Bjorn's heart skip a beat for an unknown reason.

The princess continued marching, even ignoring Morgan on her way. A servant jogged after her with a worried expression and stopped in front of the knights and panted.

"I apologize, sir knight, the princess is not in a good mood." Emma winced at the princess's actions and bowed respectfully at the knights and said, "Well then, I should go now or I will lose sight of the princess."

"Did-did she just ignore you?" one of the knights gasped and looked at Bjorn with wide eyes. "The princess?"

Everyone was shocked. The princess always looked at Bjorn like he was her world and even if she was in a bad mood or just bullied someone, her expression would always shift whenever she saw Bjorn.

In the past, Bjorn was something like an Oasis for the princess. A neutral place where no one got hurt when Bjorn was around because the princess was too busy getting his attention.

"But at least the Captain won't be having a headache anymore, right?" another said, "this is what he hoped for all these years. To cut ties with the princess."

Bjorn's jaw clenched as he looked back at the princess walking further away from them. He was supposed to feel relieved and even elated that the princess is not giving him attention like she used to. He was supposed to be happy because he is now free but instead, the lingering feeling of frustration and emptiness stayed with him.

Morgan shot a knowing look at the Captain and immediately knew that expression. It was an expression of someone who just got rejected after confessing.

The captain might still not be aware of this or he's denying it to say the least but it looks like the princess's effort of chasing after him all these years already has an effect.

--

END