56

When Tatiana entered the kitchen, everyone was there eating breakfast.

Emma was at the stove cleaning up after cooking when she saw Tatiana at the door.

"Your highness! You should rest some more!" Emma said, walking over to Tatiana. Morgan and Bjorn also turned around to look at her. Her face was slowly regaining color and there is a gauze placed on her forehead.

"I'm fine," she said, and sat down on the bench beside Morgan. The bread with melted butter smelled good, along with the fresh milk that Morgan bought from a milk boy this morning. The princess's eyes sparkled and she reached out for the bread when fuzzy memories flashed in her mind.

"Ow," she hissed, holding her head where the injury was.

"Princess" Emma hovered her hand around the princess, "you should rest some more."

"I'm fine" Tatiana calmed herself down, and the headache gradually faded. She finally reached for the warm toast and spread a strawberry jam on top of it. Everyone looked at her while she hummed and took a big bite out of the toast.

"This is good," she said with muffled words.

"You should not talk when your mouth is full, your highness."

Morgan silently poured milk on an empty cup and gave it to Tatiana.

"No mob came to attack us today?" she asked and Morgan shook his head, "what did my father say?"

They should hear news now. Tatiana was asleep the whole day yesterday and just woke up his morning. She feels better than how she felt yesterday, maybe she just needed enough rest. The stress and exhaustion she felt these days finally caught up so she finally gave in. It was a good thing that Emma was there to nurse her.

"The king paid no attention," Morgan said, "and I don't think you should continue this. The palace stopped the noble for now but the complaints will eventually pile up and they will hand in a formal petition to stop you."

"Why should I be scared of them?" Tatiana wiped the corner of her lips with a cloth "I'll irritate them even more as a form of revenge for throwing a stone at me--ow—that was a low move."

"That's all the more reason to stop," Bjorn insisted, his voice starting to become even more annoyed. "You got hurt and the king did not punish anyone. What else is there to understand?"

Tatiana took a quick look at Bjorn and cleared her throat. Her father does not care about her and is not willing to help her with the issue because he was against it in the first place. There is nothing she could do because the nobles will keep coming at her and the orphanage if she does not do anything.

"I'll find my people," she calmly said.

"You clearly don't have a plan—"

"Just trust me, okay?" Tatiana cut Bjorn off. "And why are you so cranky this early in the morning?"

Bjorn glared at her and stood up from his seat. He walked away and out of the kitchen being followed by everybody's eyes.

"What is his problem so early in the morning?" Tatiana whispered and took a bite from the toast. Even Morgan and Emma noticed the dark aura around Bjorn since this early morning.

Last night, when Emma came to the room where the princess was resting, she saw Bjorn walk away from the room with heavy footsteps. He did not even acknowledge her presence and marched passed by her so she thought that the captain and the princess had a fight.

Morgan stood up and followed the captain.

"Your highness," Emma asked, "did you and the captain fight last night?"