52

Hi! Please read the Author's note at the end of this chapter. Thank you!

--

Bjorn noticed Tatiana wipe her tears away after leaving the clinic.

"The baby would have died if you did not bring her to hear immediately. And the toddlers are extremely malnourished and sick. I will do my best to nurse them back to health." The physician told them a while ago.

He noticed how nervous and worried Tatiana was while looking at the children. She looked like a parent that was worried for her children.

"Please save them," Tatiana pleaded, "I will pay any amount. Please."

Bjorn followed Tatiana up to the carriage door where Emma was waiting. Tatiana stopped in her tracks and turn to Bjorn. Her nose was red and her eyes were teary.

"Did you send a man to notify William? And did you tell them to bring food, clothing, and blankets?" she asked.

"Yes," Bjorn answered for the fifth time. "They will be here shortly, I assigned Morgan along with other knights to guard the orphanage for now while they are not here."

Tatiana nodded and sighed, she looked so worried and distraught. "I'm sorry if I keep asking the same question over and over, I'm just worried about the children."

"It's my job." Bjorn shortly answered. The princess looks like a mess right now. He never thought that someone like the princess would be worried sick for the children. She even went her way to bring the children to the physician herself.

"Let's go," Tatiana said, "we need to finish the preparations as soon as possible so that the children could move in."

They traveled again for thirty minutes towards the place where the new orphanage will be. It's not as far from the capital but it's in the outskirts instead. It was a spacious mansion with a large space up in the front.

The grass and weeds grew tall and the place looked like it was not well maintained. The three of them looked at it from outside the large gates.

"Wow," Tatiana whispered to herself. This mansion is for free?

"Bjorn," she softly called, "are you sure you're giving this to me? It looks like it's important."

"We have assets bigger than this," Bjorn said like it's nothing.

"Are you sure your parents let you give this to me?"

"You're the princess. What's not to give?"

"Bjorn!" Tatiana warned and turned to him, "this isn't some spare change! This is a property of your family and you're easily giving it to me."

"Do you have money for a property, then? I heard the king will not support you financially?" he asked her.

Tatiana's shoulder immediately drooped low after hearing that. It's true. She is poor and she even sold her things just to raise an amount but that won't be enough if she was planning to buy land and built an orphanage there.

"Fine," she breathed, "thank you. I am really sincere. This is very important to me and you helped me greatly."

Bjorn almost choked after hearing that from her. Emma noticed how his ears turned bright red as she stared down at the princess and laughed silently.

"Then, do you-do you want more mansions?" he suddenly asked. "I also have a castle that's on top of the hill with meadows full of flowers."

"Really?' Tatiana gasped, "that would be pretty. But this is enough, Bjorn. I don't want to burden your parents with this."