Loona Yves, Chuu 🩹💖 Avoiding you

"are you?"

"i'm whatever i want to be."

yves was oddly mesmerizing.

.

.

.

they had arrived at the festival somewhat on time, and there was no sign of gowon in the crowds of thousands of kids or at the food carts or at any of the games.

"i guess it's just us then?"

"it is..." chuu looks down awkwardly. "do you want to do that movie cliche in which you win me a teddy bear?"

"why do i have to win you the bear?"

"because you're masculine!!!"

"that doesn't mean anything!!!"

"you're the one who asked me out!" chuu yelled. "plus i suck at games."

"that was a given."

"DO YOU WANT TO DIE???"

.

.

.

the whole afternoon was so fun that chuu had completely forgotten about gowon, her best friend.

she hoped she was enjoying her time at the festival, wherever she was.

a while ago, chuu had left to buy a candy apple along with her new teddy bear while yves was supposed to wait for her; yet the older had disappeared without a trace.

"stupid third year..." she muttered under her breath, licking the apple. this was the most delicious thing she had in months. "where are you and the crepes we bought... please don't eat them without me..."

she ran around the crowded place searching on and on for the older.

"yves, the performances in the gym are gonna start!!!" she whined. "get the fuck out of hiding!!!"

"chuu?"

chuu turned around to see a girl with aqua hair.

"gowon!!!" she smiled. "have you seen yves-"

"she went up to the rooftop of the school." she pointed towards the building. "i'm gonna go watch the performances, so join me when you're ready~"

chuu waved goodbye and headed into the building to get upstairs.

"yves, when i catch you..."

suddenly she could hear sobbing from a distance.

"...yves?"

she peaked from the corner of the wall to see choerry crying into her knees.

"she didn't even come..."

chuu felt really bad. she wanted to say something, but she didn't want to bother the girl while she cried, so she ran up the next flight of stairs instead.

soon, chuu finally made it up to the rooftop, still holding her candy apple and carrying the teddy bear in her bag.

"why didn't you stay where i told you to???" she yelled, slightly angry. "geez, i was worried that i lost you!!!"

"you worried about me?" the older smiled. why was she oddly attractive? was chuu finally going insane after being rejected?

she stared at yves with no expression on her face.

"what are you thinking about?"

"nothing important."

"do you want to look at the sky together?" yves slightly tapped on the balcony, insinuating she wanted chuu to stand on the edge with her.

"i'm scared of heights!"

"oh for fucks sake, come over." yves offered a hand. "i'll protect you."

"protect me???" chuu cringed. "i'm not taking your hand. "i don't even like you."

"really?"

yves inched closer to chuu, but as much as chuu wanted to step back, she couldn't move.

"...i don't even know what's going on anymore." she said with a blank face.

yves turned to the sky and back to chuu.

"isn't the full moon pretty?"

"it's just the same as you."

.

.

.

did she just say that out loud???

"so you do like me?" yves laughed and chuu softly hit her.

"i never said that!!! shut up!!!"

"you're pretty too, you know." the older smiled at her and chuu had no idea what to do considering the fact she couldn't scream.

"I don't even think I can hate you anymore..." chuu walked closer to yves and wrapped her arms around her with a pout. "it's just too hard..."

she's scared of heights, but chuu wants to fall into her love for a lifetime.