𝗢𝗻𝗲

"𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺𝘀, 𝗯𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲 𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗹𝗮𝘂𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗿" -𝗦𝗠

-----

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲 - 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗨.𝗦 𝗔𝗿𝗺𝘆

It was quite rare for the BAU team to all have a night off so of course when Aaron Hotchner insisted that everyone could do with relaxing night at the bar after a hard case, everyone agreed.

Spencer and JJ were playing darts while Emily had gone to get another round of drinks. Hotch was sat down with Garcia and his wife, Haley, while Morgan was on the dance floor with girls surrounding him.

It was just like any other night before the shouts of joy and people applauding came from the bar and towards the four men and two women who had just walked in. Most eyes were on them as they got to the bar where they accepted tight hugs and drinks to the each of them.

Valentina Ortiz smiled as she took a sip of her beer "Can you believe that was my last tour with you guys?"

"It's not gonna be the same without you, Val" Her comrade, Matthew, spoke.

"I know, what am I suppose to do now that I'm left with these idiots" Ophelia moaned "Your the only one who makes working with them bearable" She joked as they all shared a laugh.

"To Val, the best damn solider if I've ever seen one" Captain James raised his beer bottle into the air and to the centre of their circle as the rest did the same "To Val" They chorused, taking a drink of whatever they had in their hands.

"Hey, Morgan!" Emily called out with a tray of drinks in her hands as she snapped Derek out of his trance of staring at Valentina "Be careful the one in the back could take your wallet" 

"That's alright I'll be a broke, happy man" Listening to what the woman said before Valentina's eyes glanced over to where Emily was putting down the drinks.

"Guys there's Aaron, I'll be right back" She told Owen and Noah before walking over to where she could find her childhood best-friend.

"Excuse me, Agent Hotchner is it?" Valentina put on an accent, a smile coming onto her face as Hotch turned his head to face her "Ya missed me?"

Being pulled into one of his hugs before letting out a squeal when he spun her around "I told you to call me when your coming home"

Valentina just shrugged in response "And what's the fun in that? Hey Haley" She then greeted the blonde haired woman pulling her into a hug as Haley complied, hugging her back.

Pulling away from Haley a cough was heard from behind which belonged to a young woman who wore brightly coloured clothing and went by the name Penelope Garcia "Alright, everyone. This is Valentina, we go way back. She just got back from her last tour in Afghanistan" Hotch explained.

"Last tour?" Spencer frowned, him and JJ coming over as soon as they saw a woman they didn't know hugging Aaron.

"Eh, yeah I just got discharged from the US Army before getting a job offer right here in Quantico actually"

"Val, this is my team at the BAU. Penelope Garcia, Jennifer Jareau, Spencer Reid, Emily Prentiss and Jason Gideon who just isn't here at the moment" Hotch introduced, Valentina then shook each of their hands as they welcomed her home.

"You can just call me JJ" JJ told her before pointing to the same guy who was staring at her not too long ago "And that over there is Derek Morgan"

Valentina nodded "So do you think he would be a broke, happy man if I stole his wallet?" She asked with a smirk on her face as everyone laughed.

"How long have you been home?" Hotch asked, taking a sip of his drink.

Valentina sat down next to JJ "I hit US soil forty eight hours ago and I've been in Quantico less than twelve"

Haley smiled "Then let's drink to you getting home safe" Everyone then raised their drinks before taking a sip.

Continuing to talk with the group as old stories got shared and memories retold when a certain man joined them at the table "So I go to the dance floor for a few minutes and you guys have already replaced me" Morgan teased.

"Yeah, Aaron was just saying how my company is slightly better than yours" Valentina pointed to Hotch as he smiled.

"Uh huh" Morgan raised his eyebrows looking at Hotch before glancing over to Garcia "This true baby girl, your all trying to replace me?"

She shrugged "I don't know, hot stuff. She is pretty cool"

Everyone laughed as Morgan put a hand to his heart dramatically "You wound me, sweetheart"

"Derek this is an old friend of mine, Valentina Ortiz" Hotch introduced as she shook his hand.

"Derek Morgan" He said as Valentina smiled "Yeah I got that"

Taking a seat next to her as a conversation between them all started again. Her team had even joined them for some time before stating their leave so they could go see their families.

"I'll see you guys soon" Valentina said as she hugged each one of them "You better think of me when your all next on tour, ya know of how brilliant I was" She joked.

"Of course" Ophelia chuckled. Valentina's eyes then drifted over to Captain James. She then stood to attention and saluted him.

"At ease soldier" He spoke in a teasing tone as she smiled before hugging him once more.

"Say hi to them for me" She told her team, referring to their families before watching them all drive away. She knew it wouldn't be long before they went on tour again and she just hoped she got to see them before they did.

-----

Valentina was now getting ready to leave herself as she leant against her car muttering a few things to Hotch before they each said their goodbyes.

"Hey, Morgan!" The young woman called out to him as he stopped in his tracks and turned to face her "Thought you might be needing this" She tossed him an item and of course he caught it with ease.

A smirk on Valentina's face and a shocked expression on his as he looked at the wallet in his hand before feeling his own back pocket and un behold what he was looking for wasn't there "How long?"

"Ever since we hit the dance floor. Tell me Special Agent Morgan, are you truly a broke, happy man?" She asked, the smirk still plastered on her face.

"Alright, Morgan. Get in the car and stop flirting with Valentina for god sake" Hotch yelled out from his car making the two let out a laugh.

"I'll see you soon, yeah?" The agent asked.

"Maybe sooner than you think" The soldier then got into her car and left the parking lot. Derek shook his head with a smile on his face as he looked down at the wallet in his hand.