𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁

"𝗬𝗼𝘂 𝗺𝗮𝘆 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗿𝗼𝗹 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗵𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗼 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗰𝗮𝗻 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗱𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗯𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝗱𝘂𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺"
-𝗠𝗮𝘆𝗮 𝗔𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗹𝗼𝘂

-----

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗘𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 - 𝗣𝗿𝗼𝗳𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗱

Valentina and Emily were now on the plane waiting for Derek and hopefully Spencer to arrive.

"Hey" Derek said, walking onto the plane but still no Spencer "Where's Reid?" He asked, his eyebrows furrowed.

Valentina shrugged "We were hoping he was with you"

"I thought you said you called him" Derek said to Emily.

"I did, four times. Nothing"

"The victims fiancé is expecting us" Val spoke as she looked at the watch on her wrist "What do we do?"

Derek sighed "We only have one option. Wheels up"

They landed quite quickly and went over to the fiancés house, Valentina ringing Spencer on the way there but all she got was his voicemail just like Emily did.

"Everyone kept saying crime's gonna skyrocket after the relocation. You just never think it's gonna happen to you" The woman muttered.

"The report said that your fiancé was bar-hopping for his bachelor party on the night he was killed" Emily told her.

"We were supposed to be married in October. He was just out celebrating that with friends" She replied.

"Was there anybody at Leonard's bachelor party that you didn't know?" Valentina asked.

"We all grew up together. They're like family to me. Whether they met somebody out that's a different story. They're a rowdy bunch. They partied with anybody" She told the three agents and soon after they said their goodbyes and left before getting back into the suv.

"Each of the last two victims was travelling in a group. Both were drinking, both in public areas, bar hopping. So how could their friends not see anything?" Emily spoke her thoughts from the back seat.

"It's like when a lion preys upon an antelope" Derek mumbled to himself.

Valentina frowned "I'm lost"

He let out a chuckle and looked over at Val "That's because you, Valentina Ortiz, have never been one of the antelope"

"Okay, scratch that. You've lost the both of us" Emily said.

"Okay, check this out. The antelope travel in packs. So the lion just sits and waits. Waits for just one of the antelope to break away from its herd. So when he's alone, vulnerable and completely unprotected, that's when the lioness strikes. That's when she makes her move" Derek explained.

"Omg, our unsubs a woman"

"Exactly Val, because there's only one thing that's gonna make a straight man leave his friends on a guys night out. And it'll make him leave every time" Derek then pulled out his phone to call JJ. They finally had something to work with.