𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻

"𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗴𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝘄𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗴𝗶𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘂𝗽. 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝘀𝘁 𝗰𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗮𝘆 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝘂𝗰𝗰𝗲𝗲𝗱 𝗶𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗿𝘆 𝗷𝘂𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲"
-𝗧𝗵𝗼𝗺𝗮𝘀 𝗔. 𝗘𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻

-----

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗦𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 - 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗥𝗶𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗿

The team were now on the jet looking over what they had which wasn't much but that wasn't what Valentina was focusing on. She was more focused on the way Spencer's been acting lately and it was completely normal because of the trauma he's gone through but she was just worried that he was going to lose himself all because of Tobias Hankle.

"These are the copies of the newspaper articles on the murders, dating back to early August 2005. It's all we have to go on" JJ said, passing out the papers.

"He killed three times, stopped for eighteen months, then he started killing again" Hotch told the team.

Gideon nodded, listening to what Hotch was saying "We should have Garcia run a list of any offenders in the area. Anyone who spent the last year and a half doing time"

"Or anyone that relocated after Katrina and recently moved back" Spencer added.

"What is the victimology of killing a mechanic, a real estate broker, and a cook with ages ranging from twenty two to forty five?"

"And this latest is a thirty three year old taxi driver. They just don't seem to have much in common" JJ continued on from Emily.

"Besides being male and walking the French Quarter late at night" Valentina contributed, her first words since she'd got on the plane.

"Which is notorious for mugging off the main drag"

"Yeah, but this guy isn't in a rush to flee the scene. A slaughter like this takes time" Emily said.

"Andrei Chikatilo fantasised that the men he killed were his captives and then torturing and mutilating them somehow made him a hero" Spencer rambled on, something Valentina loved about him.

Val sighed and leant back in her seat careful not to spill her coffee "The city's barely even back to life so something like this could cripple its psyche"

"So where do we start?" JJ asked.

"Well, with no case file there's only one place we can start. At square one" Hotch muttered. This was going to be one tough case.

-----

JJ, Derek and Valentina went to the crime scene when they arrived at New Orleans to speak to the detective while Emily, Spencer and Gideon went to the coroner.

"These are Agents Morgan and Ortiz. This is detective William Lamontagne Jr" JJ introduced them as Derek and Valentina both shook William's hand.

"Appreciate you guys being here" William spoke in his southern accent "My daddy was too stubborn to ever ask for any help"

"I'm very sorry for your loss" Valentina said sincerely and JJ and Derek nodded their head at him in respect. It was then silent for a couple seconds "So I understand you received a letter?"