𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻

"𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝘄𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗲𝗹𝘀𝗲 𝗶𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗵𝗼𝗹𝗲 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗹𝘀, 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗮 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗱𝘆 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗵𝗶𝗰𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘀, 𝗱𝗶𝘀𝗴𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗯𝘆 𝘃𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗰𝗼𝘀𝘁𝘂𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗮𝘀𝗸𝘀, 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸 𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆 𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗼𝗻𝗲𝘀 𝗽𝗮𝗿𝘁 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗹𝗸𝘀 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝗼𝗳𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗲"
-𝗙𝗿𝗮𝘀𝗺𝘂𝘀

-----

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 - 𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗙𝗮𝗰𝗲

Valentina was sat at her desk when Spencer came in with a halloween mask on and a small pumpkin basket of candy on his arm. Val and Emily chuckled when he managed to scare Morgan "Happy All Hallows' Eve, folks. To paraphrase from Celtic mythology, tomorrow night, all order is suspended, and the barriers between the natural and the supernatural are temporarily removed"

"See, that right there is why Halloween creeps me out" Morgan stated.

"You're scared of Halloween?" Spencer asked, Val looking over at him as she awaited his answer.

"I didn't say I was scared, I said I was creeped out" Morgan pointed out before going back to the files on his desk "There's a difference there, youngster. You should look it up"

"What creeps you out so much?" Valentina asked the question Emily was thinking too "I don't know, people wearing masks. I don't like folks in disguises" He shook his head as Val smiled.

"That's the best thing about Halloween. You can be anyone you want to be"

"No, I'm pretty good just being me"

"Yeah, why is it that neither of those points of view surprise me?" Valentina chuckled at Emily's statement before taking a sip of her coffee "What about you Val, you like Halloween?"

She nodded, placing her cup back down "Oh yeah it was a big deal in my house even when my dad was deployed, me and my mom always went full out with the house and everything" She smiled as the memories passed through her.

"Your dad was in the army too?" Spencer asked with curiosity. She nodded in reply "I had to follow into someone's footsteps"

"You know what, though? On the flip side, it does provide a pretty good reason to cosy up with a scary flick and a little Halloween honey" He grinned, pointing and winking at Valentina.

"Halloween honey? Now I'm creeped out" Emily grimaced when Spencer whispered "Guys, he's here"

The group turned around to see David Rossi walking up with Strauss in front of him. He smiled at them as he walked past. It wasn't long before he was walking down the steps and towards the team with Hotch next to him.

"SSA David Rossi, this is SSA Emily Prentiss"

"Sir" She shook his hand with an excited smile on her face.

"SSA Derek Morgan"

"It's an honour, Agent Rossi" He too shook the man's hand. Rossi nodded with a smile and shook Derek's hand "Please, just Dave"