XII

The blue eyed girl ran through the halls, searching for the stairs. She passed a corridor, but skidded to a halt right after. She took a few steps back and observed the hallway. It looked familiar to her. She sucked in a breath before sprinting down the corridor.

A few moments later, she saw the large staircase up ahead. She quickly ran down the steps. After the first two cases, she began to hear muffled voices. She paused and clung to the railing. She peeked over and caught a glimpse of three figures standing in the middle of the grand hall. There were others surrounding the sides, all glaring at the two in front of Altair.

Evangeline put her hand over her mouth as a gasp escaped her. Those were the two men she saw in her vision, she had quickly noticed. They all seemed to be discussing something so she listened in. "You're in dangerous lands, vampires. Leave! Now! You're not welcome here!" Altair growled as he narrowed his eyes at the two.

A smirk fell onto the blue eyed man's lips. "Altair, can't friends visit friends?" He hummed. His voice was sweet like honey, but somehow it sounded scary to Evangeline. It struck some sort of fear in her heart.

Altair didn't falter. "We were never friends. All we'll ever be is enemies. Now leave!" He shouted. The once silent man glared at the werewolf. It was Keir, Evangeline noticed.

He took a single step forward, which caused the surrounding beings in the room to begin to close in. The man paused and glanced around him. Altair let a tiny smirk play on his lips at the sight. Keir looked back at him. "We weren't enemies before. It could've stayed peaceful," he stated monotonously.

Sebastian shook his head. "Let's go. It's useless chatting with this boneheaded imbecile," he said before turning around and heading towards the door. Everyone in the room aside from the fellow vampire narrowed their eyes at him and glared. Keir gazed around one more time, glancing up at the stairs. Evangeline held her breath and hid behind the corner. She heard his footsteps begin to leave a moment later before the sound of the door closing echoed throughout the room.

She peeked back around. Her eyes widened as they made contact with Altair's. He was staring straight at her, a small, almost unnoticeable smirk on his face. She turned around and took a few steps forward before she halted. She nearly ran straight into a tall woman with a deep frown on her face. She harshly grabbed Evangeline's arm, making her flinch.

~•~

Evangeline sat in a chair in the study with her head down and her hands clasped together in her lap. "Sneaking out of your room, eavesdropping on private conversations- I must say, Evie, I am disappointed," Altair said with a click of his tongue as he stopped in front of her.

The girl looked up at him with a small frown. "What did they want?" She inquired. She clutched onto the arms of the chairs and prepared to stand.

Instead, Altair kneeled down in front of her until they were face to face. Evangeline suppressed a gasp. "My dear, how is that your business?" Altair chuckled. He grabbed her chin in a tight grip and pulled her closer, staring into her wide eyes. At the closeness, he could easily hear her heart race. "Why do I scare you, Evie?" He hummed softly.

Said woman shivered at the feel of his breath against her. "I-..." She cut herself off as she swallowed. She grabbed his wrist and her eyes softened. "You've cut me, you took me away from home. You say you want to protect me, but all you've done is hurt me." She whispered. She gently pulled his hand away from her as she felt his grip weaken. She kept a loose hold on him as she stared down at her lap. "How do you expect me to not be scared?" She asked as she let go.