XIV

My image, please do not steal!!

Evangeline smiled in gratitude when Shiva handed her a cup of warm, steaming tea. She breathed in it's sweet scent as Shiva and Vesper took their seats. Shiva was sat in his usual chair in the lounge while Vesper sat on the arm of the sofa Evangeline was on.

The woman took a slow sip from the glass as Shiva began speaking. "I know you have a lot of questions, and I promise you, we will answer as many as we can. So, start anywhere." He smiled softly.

The girl carefully held her teacup in her lap. She looked between the two brothers in surprise. "Anything?" She inquired. Vesper nudged her, urging her to continue. She could tell his patience was thinning. "The witch. Who was she?" She asked immediately.

Shiva pursed his lips. "An old friend, so to speak. Her family has been acquainted with ours for generations. However, in the recent years, they've distanced themselves from vampires. Fortunately, Vesper and I were able to convince a witch named Irena to help us," he stated, nodding towards his brother.

Evangeline slowly tilted her head. "She... before all the chaos, there were two others with her. I could- I could feel the love she felt for them," she paused, staring down at the brown liquid in her cup. "But then... something bad happened. Her heartbreak, I could feel it in the air as everything was on fire. It was windy, and there was destruction all over. She was crying, just standing in the center of it all," she muttered out. Something about that vision scared her. It also hurt her heart. The pain in Irena, she'd only ever felt something like that after losing her family.

Shiva stole a glance at Vesper before gazing back at the blue eyed girl. "Those would be her lovers, Isa and Venn." He looked back at Vesper. "Something must be coming. You feel it, I know you do. We must warn them," he said as he stood up.

Vesper clenched his teeth. He hated how Shiva could read his thoughts whenever he pleased. He stood up and took a step forward. "No. We don't have to do anything. You can do what you want." He growled, making his way out of the room.

Shiva huffed and shook his head. He glanced back at Evangeline. "Go after him. He will answer any questions you have, printesa. I'll be back later." He smiled reassuringly.

Evangeline quickly set her tea on the table and took off after Vesper. Leaving the lounge room, she saw the male on his way up the stairs. "Vesper!" She exclaimed, running after him. He ignored her, turning the corner down the hall. She grumbled before heading up the stairs and chasing after him.

Once on the second floor she turned down the hall. She was just in time to see him enter his room and harshly close the door. She rolled her eyes and walked up to his door. She knocked twice and waited for a response. "Vesper, come on. Why are you so grumpy?" She asked after not hearing anything. She sighed softly. "I'm coming in," she announced before grabbing the handle and opening the door.

She smiled gently upon seeing him leaning against the balcony railing. The glass doors were fixed and opened widely. She closed the door behind her and walked to the balcony doors. She slowly stepped over to him and stood behind him. "What's the matter?" She inquired quietly.

Vesper remained motionless. "Ask something else," he finally stated. His voice was dark and low. That, along with the cold air, made her shiver.

She hummed in defeat. "Okay," she said, standing next to him and clasping her hands together. "How do you know Altair?" She questioned curiously after a second of thinking.

She heard his breath hitch. She watched him as he stared out at his garden below. "About ninety years ago, I guess you could say that we were friends." He slowly started out. Evangeline was a little surprised he was actually going to tell her. She listened intently. "We would do pretty much everything together. It's weird, really, in a way, he was more of a brother to me than Shiva was at the time," he informed her.