XIII

Evangeline's eyes widened and she stared at Altair. "Get them," he ordered and the wolves charged the vampire brothers. She ran towards the raven haired werewolf.

She then grabbed his hand in a tight grip. "Don't! Please, stop this! Don't hurt them!" She exclaimed pleadingly. She looked back at the two and saw Vesper holding back one of the wolves as it snapped its teeth at him. She quickly turned back around. "Please... you're only hurting each other," she said as her heart raced in her chest.

Altair stared at her. He had a look of mild surprise before a soft frown made its way to his lips. "Why are you protecting them? They're monsters," he stated as he gripped her hand as well.

She shook her head. "They're not. They've never ever done anything to hurt me. Please," she pleaded. He met her eyes and couldn't bring himself to look away.

He inhaled deeply and blinked. "Mikah!" He called, looking past Evangeline. A light brown wolf about to attack Shiva suddenly stopped and looked at him. Soon followed the rest of the wolves. They all stared at him and Altair scanned over them until his eyes made contact with Evangeline's again. "Stand down," he ordered the wolves.

Mikah flattened her ears against her head. She took a step closer to Altair and growled. He glared at her as his eyes brightened. "Now," he demanded in a stern tone. Mikah stared at him for a second longer before huffing and bowing her head.

Shiva and Vesper stared at the werewolves as they all began to wander towards the back of the room. The entire time, the wolves were glaring and growling at them. The brothers looked at Evangeline.

She, however, was looking at Altair. A small, relieved smile tugged at her lips. "Thank you," she said. She slowly brought him into a hug, resting her head on his chest.

Altair and the brothers were shocked by her actions. "It won't happen again," the werewolf whispered, petting a hand through her hair. "However," he gently pushed her back." If you ever need something of me, just call my name and I'll be there," he stated with a tiny genuine smile.

Evangeline grinned and nodded in response. She carefully backed away from him and glanced at the two vampires. Vesper looked like he was about to explode, as he had his arms crossed, a deep frown, and a sharp glare directed at both Evangeline and Altair. Shiva, despite his brother's obvious annoyance, looked pleased, as he had a proud smirk on his lips.

Evangeline winced at the sight of Vesper as they walked up to her. Shiva placed a gentle hand on her shoulder, obviously being quite wary of her blood. He gazed at Altair. "I do hope that past friendships can be mended," he said softly.

Altair cockily smirked at him. "I didn't do it for you," he replied as he narrowed his eyes at the two. Evangeline smiled at him.

Shiva nodded his head. "I know," he responded. He stole a glance at Vesper before ushering Evangeline outside. He led her to the side of the mansion. "Wait here for a moment, printesa," he mumbled.

The woman looked at him. "Are you okay?" She asked worriedly. She grabbed a torn piece of his shirt and inspected him for injuries.

Shiva carefully grabbed her wrist and held it in a loose grasp. "I should be asking you that. I'm sorry we weren't here sooner, and I'm sorry you got hurt," he stated regretfully.

Evangeline shook her head. "It's alright. I'm okay, just a little scratch," she replied with a smile. She noticed Shiva trying not to eye the bloodied marks across her skin. She furrowed her brows and stared up at him, pursing her lips. "Would-would it help if I wiped it off?" She questioned quietly.

He looked into her eyes in surprise. "Sorry, I- it's hard to control. Yes, yes, I think it would," he answered. He took something out of his pocket and held it out to her.

She gently took the handkerchief from him and started wiping the red liquid from her face, neck, and collarbone. "Than-" She was cut off when Shiva's hand grabbed hers. Her heart skipped a beat when he used her hand to brush the fabric against her cheek. The entire time, she couldn't look away. He seemed so focused. Her face burned as she blushed. He drew his hand back. "Thank you," she muttered out in embarrassment.

Luckily for her, they heard the door open and Vesper walked out with his usual frown on his face. The woman's embarrassment died down as she smiled at the white haired male. To her, something about him seemed more calm than before.

He walked over to them and put his hand on his hip. "The witch is gone. We should go," he said urgently. He grabbed Evangeline's arm and looked at Shiva. The raven haired male nodded softly. Evangeline gasped as Vesper picked her up in less than a second before taking off into a run.

She gripped onto his shoulders as she watched everything whip past her faster than she could focus. However, with the harsh force of the wind, she lost her grip on the handkerchief and felt it slip through her fingers.

A few minutes later, Vesper stopped. Looking around, Evangeline gaped when she noticed that they were back at the brothers' mansion. The vampire set her down and she wobbled, tightening her grip on his shoulder.

Before she could fall, Vesper caught her waist. She stared up at him in surprise and he returned the gaze with slightly widened eyes. Quickly, he made sure she was stable enough and released her before looking away.

Hearing footsteps, Evangeline turned around. She smiled when she made eye contact with Shiva. The male sweetly grinned at her as he walked over. He paused. "We have a lot to talk about," he stated, losing his grin. Vesper scoffed and crossed his arms. Evangeline looked between them and bit her lip anxiously. She shakily nodded.

Miles away, crunching snow was heard underneath soft and slow footsteps. A slim woman bent down and picked up the bloody handkerchief. She stood back up and gazed at it. She glanced back up at the two in front of her. They all shared smirks between themselves.