XVIII

(I gave up on this[the art]- aka 0 effort)

Evangeline slid down off of Altair's back. She turned to him, seeing the two brothers a good distance away in the garden. "Will you stay?" She asked quietly.

He gave a slow blink in response before a gentle nod shook his fur. As he stepped backed into the bushes, Evangeline's eyes trailed to the brothers. She could only frown at them. What secrets had they really been keeping from her, she wondered. Without a word, she began to make her way through the garden, passing the two on the way.

She allowed herself inside and left the doors open. Not long after, she heard the boys' footsteps. Instead of going to the lounge like they always had when explaining things, Evangeline stopped in the center of the grand hall. She turned around and faced the two. They stopped a few feet away.

From the still open doors, in walked Altair. He closed said doors behind him and walked over towards Evangeline. His face was expressionless as he stopped beside her. Evangeline gazed at the vampires again. "I want the truth. The whole truth. I'm so tired of lies, I'm tired of being in the dark about so many things. Tell me everything, now," she said in a firm voice. It was the most commanding voice any of them had ever heard from her.

The three men all glanced between each other. Shiva looked guilty, Vesper was annoyed, and Altair seemed to be upset with the brothers. The vampire with white hair took a step forward. "We really don't have to tell you everything. Especially with that tone of yours," he retorted, glaring at the two across from him.

Shiva put a hand on his shoulder. "Enough, brother." He looked at Evangeline. "I'll start from the beginning," he stated slowly and quieted.

Vesper tore away from his arm. "You're only endangering her more!" He growled. Shiva was about to make a rebuttal again.

Evangeline's frown deepened. "Stop it both of you!" She shouted and they looked at her. She directed her gaze towards Vesper. "How is withholding information protecting me? And from what?" She questioned angrily. She walked towards him. "Why won't you two just tell me the truth for once?" She added.

Shiva hung his head, silent. However, a voice from a person he wasn't expecting to speak up broke the silence. "Clara wasn't the only one who was taken by Sebastian." Shiva and Evangeline snapped their heads toward Vesper. His head was turned away and his arms were crossed. Clara? Evangeline thought. "A witch named Avina was taken too. Sebastian wanted the seer and the leader of the witches. We... tricked her into going with him." He clenched his fists.

Altair growled, glaring. "Taken by him? You might as well have offered up those innocent girls on a silver platter!" He barked out, stepping closer to Vesper.

Said male whipped his head to look at the wolf. "I would not have let Clara go if it wasn't her own decision!" He shouted back. "She did it to save her family. I know that letting her go was wrong, but I was dumb enough to listen to her!" He added. He took a long deep breath before huffing.

Evangeline hated this conflict she felt she had caused. "Evangeline." She turned towards the voice and faced Shiva. "There is something else." The other two ceased their scowling looks and gazed at Shiva. "We didn't just serve Sebastian. He..." the raven haired vampire paused. He stared into the girl's eyes. "He turned us and-" The doors to the home flew open, cutting Shiva off.

The wind blew in a wall of snow. In the center, came a shadow; a silhouette of a man. "And I am their father." A laugh escaped the newcomer. Two other shadows appeared behind him. Soon, the snow cleared and Evangeline's eyes widened at the sight of Sebastian, Keir, and a slim woman.

The trio of men in front of her quickly blocked Evangeline from view of the three. Their actions caused a chuckle to escape Sebastian. "F-father?" She whispered in shock.

From the gaps between the three boys, she looked through and made eye contact with the bright blue eyed man. It struck fear through her. "Yes, I know, they didn't inherit my beauty," he said in a joking, mocking tone.

Shiva put his arm out in front of her. "Shut up. You are nothing to us. Leave, now!" He yelled. "There is nothing for you here!" He proclaimed.

Sebastian smirked. "On the contrary, Shiva, there is something here that I want." He began to walk around. "You see, before we arrived here, we made a quick stop at a small town and once a certain witch found out you'd already betrayed her, she was happy to give up a specific piece of information." He stopped directly in front of them.

Altair glanced at Evangeline. He and the brothers were all on guard more than before. Although, they were waiting, they all knew what Sebastian was talking about and what he was going to say next. "That young girl there, she's a seer." His smirk widened. Vesper pushed her behind him. "Did you really replace Clara so soon?" He hummed. "I'm sure her heart would just break if she heard that." He clicked his tongue, feigning disappointment.

Altair growled. "Leave! You are not wanted here!" He shouted. Evangeline's breathing picked up. If the boys were all riled up things could easily go wrong. They wouldn't be in their right minds.

Sebastian turned his attention toward the wolf. "What happened to vampires and wolves not being friends? You seem a little hypocritical, spending your time with foul beings such as these." He said to him, pointing to the two vampire brothers.

The brunette's eyes narrowed. "Altair." He turned his head towards Vesper. "Get her out of here. Don't turn back." He demanded. It took a moment, but Altair eventually nodded in response.

The woman's eyes widened. "No. No!" She yelled. The werewolf turned towards her and gently gripped her arm. She looked up at him. "Please, don't," she pleaded.

Altair clenched his teeth. "I'm sorry. It's for your protection, Evie," he stated softly. Quickly, he picked her up. One of his hands was under her back and the other was beneath her knees. She began fighting his hold. "They're going to follow us. Please don't make this any harder," he whispered, lowering his head to hers. She stopped, feeling tears form in her eyes. She looked back at the vampire brothers. Altair stole one last glance at Vesper before shifting Evangeline onto his back. "Hold on tightly," he instructed gently.

She wrapped her arms around his neck, burying her face in his hair. She clenched her eyes shut and felt Altair body shift. When she reopened her eyes, they grew wide at the sight of dark fur. She realized he'd turned into a wolf. One last time, she looked back before Altair took off towards the back of the mansion.

Sebastian frowned and stared at the receding two. "Eris." Was all he needed to say before the silent woman began running after them. Of course, Shiva tried to stop her, but she was too quick. She ran past him without hassle. Shiva could only hope Evangeline and Altair would be alright. He had faith in them, however. Sebastian narrowed his eyes at his two sons.