XVII

Vesper sat up and looked around. He was in a grassy field and the wind was gently blowing. It was sunny, but it didn't bother him. He stood up and continued looking around. He couldn't remember why, but the place somehow seemed familiar to him.

"Are you really out here sleeping again?" Came a soft voice from not too far behind him. His eyes widened at the sound he knew all too well.

He quickly whipped around. "Clara!" He exclaimed. Only, that was not the woman he saw before him. The blue eyed woman looked surprised by his sudden outburst.

She bit her lip and fiddled with her hands. "Are you really okay? You only ever yell when you're angry." She chuckled, smiling gently. "Are you angry?" She teasingly asked, knowing he wasn't.

Vesper huffed and put his hands behind his back. "It was nothing, Evangeline," he mumbled and turned his head away from her. For some reason, when he said her name he remembered when he accidentally called her an angel. If he could, he was sure he would be blushing. He rolled his eyes at himself and discarded the idea.

He heard shuffling beside him and looked over. Evangeline had sat down and at that moment she had been smiling up at him. She patted the ground beside her. "Come on. We can just relax for now," she stated sweetly.

Vesper stared for a moment before he sighed. He slowly sat beside her and she laid back, unexpectedly pulling him down with her. She giggled when he glared at her. He stiffened when she laid her head on his chest. She closed her eyes. "This is nice. No wonder you're always out here," she muttered almost sleepily. Vesper watched her for a moment longer before closing his eyes as well.

~{}~

The door to the study opened. In walked a brown haired girl in a long white nightgown holding a single candlestick. She looked around. Her eyes caught onto what she was looking for and a tiny frown found its way to her cherry lips.

She walked over to a chair facing the window. There was a lit candlestick sitting on the windowsill. She leaned over the back of the chair and the male sitting in it looked up at her with a small smile. "What are you doing up so late?" He inquired in a whispered.

She grinned. "I could ask you the same thing, love," she retorted and that deeply accented voice of hers met his ears.

He chuckled at her remark. "Yes, but I do not need sleep, iubita mea," he mentioned with a smirk. The girl huffed and walked around the chair. She placed her candle down on the windowsill and removed the book from the male's lap.

She then effortlessly sat herself on his lap and rested her back against the arm of the chair as her legs curled up. She laid her head on his shoulder. "Shiva, you will get to see the beautiful day sooner if you sleep the quiet night away," she said quietly.

He ran a hand through her hair. "I know, but you know that I like the night better. Look how beautiful it can be as well, Clara." He pointed outside where the trees were gently blowing in the slow breeze. He directed their attention to the sky filled with many stars. "The stars- it's as if they tell their own stories," he whispered.

Clara smiled and carefully nodded, agreeing with him. However, she thought that she would always prefer the daytime because that was when she could do whatever she wanted. She could dance in the gardens or run through the forest to find Altair.

Shiva rested his head on hers and closed his eyes. "It's time to move on," the woman said. However, it wasn't Clara's voice. No, it was someone else. Someone who was also close with Shiva. His eyes shot open and he looked down. His eyes met Evangeline's. Although it seemed difficult for her, she gave him a soft smile. He slowly nodded.