Chapter 1: Harlee's School

*Haruhi's POV*

Those Lobelia girls were a nightmare, it's a good thing that is over for now. Dealing with them took up most of my week. It is Friday after school now and I was in the host club doing what I normally do, hosting. "Haruhi, you are just so amazing!" A girl squalls. "Aw you're just too kind to me honestly" I say. The conversation continues like every other time I am here, but something changes about this interaction.

My phone rings. "I am so sorry about this ladies, but I always keep my ringer on for emergencies, I will be right back" I say, pulling my phone out seeing that the number is from Ouran Public School. Why are they calling me now? Their classes were excused a half an hour ago. I shake the thought and answer my phone. "Hello this is Mrs. Sato calling from Ouran Public School, is this Haruhi Fujioka?" The lady says on the other line. "Yes that is me" I answer. "Amazing, I am calling because your father has on file that your sister, Harlee, can't leave the school alone, and no one has shown up to pick her up. We were wondering if you knew what was going on and to come and pick her up?" Mrs Sato says.

"My father hasn't picked her up yet?" I ask, earning a few looks but not many thankfully. "No Miss Fujioka I'm afraid he hasn't." she responds. "Alright just give me 20 minutes and I will be there" I respond. "Ok we will see you in 20 minutes" she answers and with that the line goes dead. I turn around and see all the hosts looking at me. "I'm sorry guys but I have to go, it's an emergency." I say, walking over to the table I was at and grabbing my things. Of course we were dressed up today so I had to go change back into my uniform.

I was trying to call dad along the way, to see if he just slept through his alarm or something, but with no luck, he wasn't answering. "Haruhi! Why are you leaving? You can't leave early?" Tamaki whines outside the dressing room. "Because Senpai it is an emergency. I might be back if the club is still open in an hour. But I will at least be gone for an hour." I respond, walking back into the main room. "Haruhi, is there anything we can do to help?" The twins ask in unison.

"No, I am good, just have a long walk ahead of me" I respond chuckling. "Do you need a ride somewhere?" Kaoru asks, "We would gladly take you if need be" Hikaru finishes. "No, I will be fine walking. I will either see you all later or on Monday, bye guys!" I shout as I walk out of the room heading down the hall.

Harlee must be worried... Dad has never been late picking her up... What's going on? I start my very long walk to the other side of the city to the public high school that my little sister goes to. Dad had decided not to let her walk alone because the school is so far away from the house, Ouran Academy is at least a little over a mile from home, but Harlee is so shy and timid that she can't walk across the city alone. It wouldn't be safe.

After the 20 minute walk to the school, I finally reach the front office seeing Harlee is sitting there staring at her hands. I walk past her up to the desk where a lady is sitting. "Hello I am Haruhi Fujioka, I am here to take Harlee Fujioka home" I say to the lady. "Ah yes! Haruhi just in time, she is right over there as you can see. Thank you for checking in with us first! Have a wonderful day! See you on Monday Harlee!" the lady says with a cheery smile on her face. I smile back and walk over to Harlee.

She looks up to me as I walk over. "Hey Harlee, are you ready to go home?" I ask, she nods her head with a sad smile on her face. I take her hand and lead her out of the office and towards the street for our long walk home.

As we are walking it is silent as normal. Harlee doesn't speak. She hasn't spoken since our mother died when she was five. I miss talking to my sister, but I guess it is nice sometimes to know she is always listening to me and is willing to hear about my day and the hosts. Its also comforting knowing she won't say anything in return, no overdramatics like with the hosts.