Chapter 5: The moment

~ Months later ~

*Harlee's POV*

Haruhi and I were walking around the mall today. With the expo going on it was a great way to spend the last day of our summer. We were both walking around when Haruhi notices something and stops walking. I turn to see what she was looking at and there stood Kyoya Ootori.
"Kyoya-senpai? I didn't expect to see you here today." Haruhi says. I wave hello and he just stares at us. 'He good?' I ask, concerned. "I don't know. Senpai?" Haruhi says. "How much money do you two have on you?" Kyoya asks. "What?" Haruhi says, confused.

Being that Kyoya is hungry and scary, we take him to the mall's food court to get some food. "Kyoya-senpai, are you sure this is where you want to eat? There are much nicer restaurants to choose from upstairs." Haruhi asks Kyoya. I was wondering that too, just wasn't gonna mention it. "Well, you don't have much on you guys, so our choices are limited." Kyoya answers. 'Rude' I write and show them both.

"Just be sure to get a receipt. Tamaki will reimburse you tenfold" Kyoya says, annoyed and darkly. Kyoya walks ahead of us, and Haruhi turns to me, "How did this happen? All I wanted was a little peek at the products expo. Why did we have to run into Kyoya-senpai?" Haruhi whines. I write and show Haruhi, 'And why did he have to be in such a bad mood?' Haruhi laughs before Kyoya interrupts us.

"Haruhi, Harlee, I think it is our turn. How do I order?" Kyoya asks. "Oh, here. Why don't I order for both of us. Do you know what you want?" Haruhi asks Kyoya as we walk up to the register. "You pick. Just get us a lot of it" Kyoya answers. "Well, okay. That and that one. Both with fries, too, please" Haruhi orders. She steps out of the way so that I am at the counter.

"Hi, what can I get you?" The cashier lady asks. I point at one of the items so that she can see what I want. "That, ok." That lady says. She was gonna tell us our total, but I pull on Haruhi's arm. "What is it, Harlee?" Haruhi asks. 'Fries please' I write. "Alright, my sister would like some fries." Haruhi tells the cashier. "Can't she order it herself?" The lady snarks.

"She is medically mute. If you would like to be any more incompetent keep talking. But I suggest you don't and give the lovely lady her fries like her sister asked" Kyoya says more darkly than before. "O-ok, before you go can I offer you guys any of our delicious desserts?" she asks nervously. "Thank you, no. I don't care for sweets." Kyoya answers.

"Before you decide, we have a new shake that's absolutely-" The cashier starts but Kyoya cuts her off, "I have given you, my answer." I tap Haruhi showing her what I wrote, 'Can I get a shake?' "Yes, Harlee. We will have one chocolate shake please. And also, please be sure to include our receipt" Haruhi says. Handing the girl our money.

We get our food and head over to a table where Haruhi and I share one side with Kyoya on the other. "Kyoya-senpai, just because you're in a bad mood today doesn't give you the right to go around talking to people like that." Haruhi chastises. "So, I shouldn't have stuck up for your sister?" Kyoya says. "No, not that. The poor girl was just doing her job offering you the desserts." Haruhi explains.

"Her job is to serve us food, not irritate me with some weak sales pitch." Kyoya groans. I quietly chuckle and write in my notebook. 'Senpai has a point. But this shake is really good.' I show Haruhi and Kyoya, Haruhi laughs, "Glad you enjoy it." Kyoya takes a bite out of his burger and Haruhi looks shocked. Kyoya looks up to see the surprised Haruhi. "Now what?" he asks.

"Nothing, I just don't think I've ever actually seen you eat before. Somehow, I thought the experience would be more refined" Haruhi explains. I roll my eyes before writing once more, 'I am gonna take my shake and look around the expo, I'll text you if I need anything.' "Ok Harlee, please be careful" Haruhi says after reading. I give her a warm smile and wave goodbye to Kyoya before taking off to explore the expo.