Chapter 2: Three not Two

~Two days later~

*Haruhi's POV*

Dad still hasn't been home yet. I'm starting to get really worried, but I have to put on a brave face for Harlee. She worries enough for all of us, no need for her to worry more.

I am walking home from the supermarket when I see a limo parked in front of my building. I also see the hosts come out of said limo. "What are those idiots doing here?" I say aloud to myself. "Do not say anything that might offend Haruhi and her father and cause them to ask us to leave" I hear Tamaki saying. "Well, it's too late for that. Go away!" I yell.

"Haruhi!" Tamaki shouts. I was so mad that I was actually shaking. "That pink dress is pretty cute!" Tamaki, the twins, and Honey say. "Shut up! Get the hell outta here!" I say back. "Haruhi is so mad she actually cursed at us! All of this is your fault!" Tamaki shouts. "Hey, it wasn't us" The twins say.

"Excuse me Haruhi, is everything alright?" Our landlady asks me. "Oh, hi Miss Landlady." I acknowledge her. "Those young men are driving such fancy foreign cars, they're not Yakuza, are they? You're ok? Where's your dad?" The landlady asks concerned. She was about to continue and ask where Harlee was, but Tamaki had interrupted her.

"Pleased to meet you, madam. My name's Suoh. I'm one of Haruhi's friends." Tamaki says, charmingly. "Really? My goodness, well aren't you just adorable?" The landlady gushes. "And he's got her," I grumble. I start walking up towards my apartment and annoyingly the hosts all follow.

"Okay, here's the deal, I'm only giving you guys a quick peak. Three seconds, then you all go home, got it?" I say standing in front of the door. If they stayed for less than ten minutes it would be okay, Harlee studies at this time and she studies with her headphones on so she wouldn't hear them if they left. It's not that I don't want them to meet my sister, it's that I don't want to overwhelm her with them.

"Look I brought you a gift Haru-chan. I know how you love cake. There's both chocolate and strawberry" Honey says happily. I sigh deeply, I guess there's no avoiding it. "Fine, I guess I'll make some tea." I say while unlocking the door. I open the door and look inside to see that I was right, and that Harlee is in our room. "What a hovel" Hikaru says and Tamaki pounces on him.

"A wood-built 2-bedroom unit. That's normal for a commoner family of 2." Kyoya analyzes. "While I appreciate your intellect Kyoya-senpai. We are a family of 3 not 2" I say slightly laughing. "THREE" All the hosts say, even Mori and Kyoya. "Haruhi... I thought your mother died?" Hikaru says. Tamaki gets a really mad look on his face before I speak up.

"Yes, my mother is dead" I say, still chuckling, waiting to see how long it will take their slow brains to figure it out. Even Kyoya hasn't gotten it yet. "So, it's you, your dad, and his girlfriend?" Tamaki asks. This makes me burst out laughing. "No, no girlfriend. I have a little sister. Honestly with almost all of you having siblings I thought you would've gotten there faster" I laugh.

They all look at me dumbfounded. "You" Tamaki squeaks out. "You have a little sister?" The twins say. "Yes, I do." I say seriously so they know I'm not joking. "How little are we talking?" Kyoya asks. "Well, we are 1 year apart, so she is supposed to be a Middle School 3rd Year" I answer. "Supposed to be?" Honey asks. "Why don't we get out of the doorway, and I will explain more" I say walking in to set my groceries down.

"Hold on, are we supposed to take off our shoes too?" Honey asks. "Please, if you don't mind" I answer with my back turned. "Did you hear that! We have to take our shoes off! It's kinda like going to the dojo, huh?" Honey chirps. "Yeah" Mori says. They all take their shoes off and come into the room sitting in the living room.

"So, Haruhi, your sister?" Kyoya says, starting up the conversation again. "I guess we can talk about it before she is done studying" I say, walking into the room as well, "We can't have tea until she is done anyhow" I finish sitting down. "She's here right now?!" Tamaki asks, bewildered. "Yes, she is, but she has her headphones on so she can't hear us" I answer snickering.