Chapter 3: Lawyer

~ 3 months later ~

*Harlee's POV*

Helping out Misuzu over the summers has become one of my favorite pastimes. We didn't get to go out much but going to Karuizawa every year was refreshing. I was helping Misuzu inside the pension when all of a sudden, I hear a lot of commotion. I turn around assuming it was Haruhi coming back in, and to my surprise it was Haruhi, along with all of her host friends.

"Oh my! What dashing young men you all are!" Misuzu says approaching the group. I run to grab my notebook off a table so I can communicate when I notice someone was already holding it and analyzing it. Kaoru was looking over the cover with doodles of my mom's favorite flower all over. I tap him on the shoulder to get his attention, and when he turns to me, he looks surprised and almost shocked.

"Oh! Sorry Harlee, I saw your notebook over here when we came in and I saw the doodles on the front and wondered what they were. What flowers are these?" Kaoru asks, still holding the notebook. I reach my hand out with a sarcastic look on my face. It takes Kaoru a second before he realizes that he is holding the thing I communicate with.

I take a second to write, not wanting to reveal the whole truth here in the lobby of my summer workplace. But I settled on the simplest answer. 'They are Wisteria flowers, also known as the Fuji flower.' I show him my notebook and he has a small smile on his face as he reads on.

"That is a beautiful flower, Harlee. Oh! I think the others are waiting for us over there" Kaoru says, looking beyond my shoulder to the others who were looking at us. I nod my head and we both head over to where the others were. "Are you okay Harlee? I trust Kaoru, but your okay right?" Haruhi asks, slightly concerned. 'I'm fine,' I write. "Take my little girls under your wing, he says. He practically begged. And since I still can't afford the expense of hired help, it works out for everyone. They are both model employees, really. If only the younger one would talk, I could have her do more" Misuzu yammers while shaking my shoulders.

"OH! Tell me what you boys think of these cute little aprons they are wearing. I made them myself!" Misuzu says, raising her arms to showcase the white and pale-yellow aprons Haruhi and I are wearing. "You are quite an exquisite seamstress!" Tamaki says with a thumbs up. "Yeah really" Kaoru adds on, earning a look from his brother.

We all go out into the courtyard of the pension do that we can all have some tea, and the conversation of us getting a job comes up. "So, a job, huh?" Kaoru inquires. "I don't get it. You turned down our invitation to Bali for this?" Hikaru continues his brother's thought. "And we even asked her to go with us to Switzerland, didn't we?" Honey chirps. "We did," Mori answers. "Yea well, I still don't have a passport, remember? Plus, this is a yearly thing Harlee and I do. Didn't want to leave her alone" Haruhi remarks.

I get a sad look on my face and write Haruhi a note which she can see that I am doing. Everyone looks at me intrigued while I write my little note, 'We could have easily gotten you a passport, why didn't you go?' Haruhi gives me a sad look, "We have been coming here since you were ten, I didn't want to leave you alone." I write some more to my note, 'I would've been fine alone. You could've had so much fun.'

"If we may butt in" Hikaru starts. "If we weren't clear, Harlee was welcome to come too. We would've gotten both of you passports" Kaoru finishes, looking me in the eyes. I smile at him but then turn my attention back to Haruhi. "Well, it's in the past now. The two of us are here now and you all better be heading home in whoever's helicopter you brought." Haruhi says.

"Ok but one more question," Kaoru starts. "Why was your cell phone turned off?" Hikaru finishes. "I just didn't think about it really." Haruhi answers. "Did you say Haruhi has a cell phone?" Tamaki whimpers. The twins and Haruhi all hold up a different color phone. "We convinced her she should borrow one of ours so we could keep in touch," Hikaru says, smirking. "It's part of a special friends and family plan. Also, we got one for you Harlee, you can't call us, but you can text us. Here." Kaoru says and then passes me a burgundy-colored phone.