Chapter 9: Maroon

~ One month later ~

*Harlee's POV*

I was standing in the courtyard watching all the ruckus going on. The opening ceremony for the school fair was later today and all the students were getting ready. "Aren't school fairs meant to be, I don't know, more about students proudly showcasing unique things that they've made by hand?" Haruhi asks. "Perhaps for a mere average school, yes. But at Ouran the emphasis is on planning and leadership skills. Keep in mind, most of our students are being groomed into positions of leadership, so they're required to showcase a talent for upward mobility, not arts-and-crafts." Kyoya explains.

'It makes sense' I show them. "I mean I get it I guess" Haruhi says after reading my writing. We get interrupted by a carriage pulling up with Hikaru driving it. 'You drove in a carriage?' I show Hikaru once I jump into the carriage with Kaoru. "Yea, Mori-senpai has been teaching me. It's so fun!" Hikaru says happily. "Nicely done. You handle the reins like a pro" Mori says. "Haruh-chan!" Honey chirps, jumping up and down in the carriage. The carriage was rocking back and forth as Honey and Tamaki jump up and down.

"Ok, don't shake my sister up too much," Haruhi laughs as she and Kyoya get into the carriage. As we drive around the school the girls completely gush over the host group. 'The girls can't hear you all in here, right?' I show the group. "No, they can't, we are too high in the air and with the wind they won't hear anything" Kyoya explains. "Amazing. I want to tell you all something." Kaoru says. Hikaru was driving which made it easier since he already knew.

"Kaoru? What's wrong?" Haruhi asks. "Well, Harlee and I are officially together as of a month ago," Kaoru says with a smile. I look at Kaoru and smile as well, looking out to the others seeing Haruhi with one of the biggest smiles on her face. 'Are you happy?' I write and show the group but was aiming the question for Haruhi. "Happy? I'm ecstatic for you Harlee! This is amazing! As long as you are happy, I'm happy!" Haruhi exclaims.

I get an even bigger smile on my face. "Yea that's amazing news Kao-chan and Harl-chan!" Honey says excitedly. "Thank you Honey-senpai!" Kaoru says, hugging my waist and bringing me closer. "So cute!" Tamaki squalls. "It really is. Kaoru told me everything when we got home that night" Hikaru says from the driver seat. "It is good, as long as it doesn't affect your hosting," Kyoya says.

"Oh, it won't. We are only telling you guys, not the guests or the school. Too dangerous for Harlee, with the crazy girls you know" Kaoru explains. "Then it is good," Kyoya says, sending me a small smile. I smile at him as well. Kaoru looks at me and I look at him. "You are amazing" he whispers in my ear, and I turn a light shade of pink.

The carriage pulls around back to the front of the school. The opening ceremony has started considering the bell went off while we were talking. We all jump down, and the twins pull me to the dance floor. All three of us do an elegant form of the dance, obviously modified for three rather than two. "Come on twins! Time to get ready!" Tamaki shouts. "Come on Harlee, let's go" Kaoru says as he and Hikaru drag me to follow the others.

They all get changed into some business casual type outfits and I was waiting for them all in the main area of Music Room #3. 'You look amazing Kaoru' I show him. "Thank you, my lady," Kaoru says, he grabbed my hand, kneeled down and kissed the top of it. This led both of us to turn a dark shade of pink. "Oh Harlee, we have a dress for you too" Hikaru says. "That's right! I almost forgot!" Kaoru says, looking at me. Hikaru hands me this deep maroon colored dress to match the tie they all had on their front.

I go into the host's changing room and the dress fit me beautifully. I looked absolutely amazing. I step out and the hosts all look at me shocked. But Kaoru is looking at me amazed. And I see Hikaru with a smirk on his face. "This is not the dress we had picked," Kaoru mutters. 'Does it not look good?' I write a little hurt. "No- No! That's not it! You look amazing! Beautiful! Just wasn't what I was expecting" Kaoru struggles. I chuckle and walk over to him kissing his cheek.