Chapter 6: Ouran

~ A few months later ~

*Harlee's POV*

I'm in a cast. I broke my arm at school sliding down the stairs and hitting the railing too hard. So instead of going out with Haruhi and her friends today, I decided to stay in with my dad. I was watching television while dad was resting on the couch when our doorbell rings. "Huh, that's weird. Are you expecting any guests today?" Dad asks, looking at me. I shake my head no and he gets up to answer the door.

"Haruhi-chan! Please come out and play!" I hear a chorus. Dad opens the door exhausted. "Oh, don't act so traumatized because I'm without my makeup. Even crossdressers get stubble first thing in the morning, which is more than I can say for any of you." I hear dad grumble as people enter the apartment. "Ha, you're so funny. Ha, ha, ha." I hear the voice of Tamaki. I get up and walk to where they are. I wave hi to all the hosts with a big smile. "Hello Harl-chan!" Honey chirps.

"My dear Ranka, I hope this day funds you in excellent health." Tamaki continues while handing dad a box of something. My dad starts tackling Tamaki and then takes the box from him. 'Was that really necessary?' I write and show my dad. "Yes, my dear Harlee. And it is ok to use your words, your speech therapist encourages it" My dad states. All the hosts besides Kaoru look at me shocked. "You're in speech therapy?" Tamaki asks. I nod yes and look down.

"Why? It's not a psychological reason that you don't talk, it's a grief reason. Speech therapy is no use to you" Kyoya states. "And what do you know about my daughter's medical condition?" Dad said really mad. I shake my head no to the group behind my dad hoping they understand what I'm trying to say. My dad was a hopeless cause to understand when it came to the issue. He sees it as Haruhi was fine after mom, I should be too. Never listening.

"Nothing sir, my apologies" Kyoya says, giving Harlee a confused look. Dad changed the subject awfully quickly, moving on with the conversation. "My apologies for my appearance, it is lovely to have you all here" Dad says back to his normal self. "Is Haru-chan here?" Honey asks. "I'm afraid not. She's out with the girls today. They picked her up this morning, and you know women. Heaven only knows when they'll be back." Dad explains.

I huff looking at him and stop his toes with my foot. "Ow! Harlee what is that for?" Dad whines. I cross my arms over my chest looking at him and tapping my foot. "I think she took that personally" Kaoru starts. "Being the only woman here and all" Hikaru finished. "Oh, I'm sorry deary. You should have gone with them this morning though" Dad continues. I just give him a sad look and go back to the living room.

I could hear the conversation, but I wasn't listening very much, I was upset with dad. I wanted to spend the day with him, while he says I should've gone with them. Dad said something about Lobelia and the hosts freaked out. 'What's wrong with Lobelia?' I showed the group. "They tried to transfer Haruhi a time before a few months ago," Kyoya explained. "Oh no! What if the Zuka club entices Haruhi to do something outrageously scandalous?!" Dad whines. 'She's smarter than that dad' I write and show the group. "Oh, hush Harlee, we are worried about your sister here" Dad continues to whine.

"Entices her?" Tamaki groans. "Something scandalous?" Honey says, questionably. "Just suppose, she's forced to kiss somebody!" Dad continues. 'Then she can do that. She's 16. She can do what she wants and kiss someone if she wants to' I show them. "Hush Harlee, you haven't kissed anyone you wouldn't know how dangerous it is!" Dad warns. I turn bright red and avoid Kaoru's eyes. I can tell he's red too though because Hikaru is whispering to him.

"Kiss?!" Tamaki says, still in shock at what could happen. "As I recall..." Hikaru starts. "There was that dance party were...." Kaoru finishes. He's still red but that won't stop the two from enraging Tamaki. "Ha ha aren't they a laugh" Tamaki nervously chuckles out as he ties the twins up with some random rope. "Just what exactly goes on at that Host Club of yours, Suoh?" Dad asks, warningly. "Why, nothing that a loving father wouldn't approve of." Tamaki challenges. I slap my hand on my forehead before heading to the front door.