11 - Obsessed Capture Targets

(A/N: Sorry @MishLB... the author who's writing this is insanely lazy. As an apology, I'll publish extra to make up for lost time.)

8 years later...

(A/N: Sylvien's POV.)

The majestic white owl swooped down and landed on his forearm with a dazzling flourish. The maturing young man dressed in purple and gold robes smiled gracefully. His cold and brilliant disposition seemed to shine more and more as he grew. "How was your run, Nore?" He softly asked.

The bird ruffled its feathers, slightly revealing the golden band hidden under its thick winter coat of feathers. "Heh. Good, good, Remis is too good!" It hooted mightily and seemed to take on a beaky version of a sneer.

"You got more treats from him? You're really spoiled, aren't you." His feathery laugh made the bird squawk loudly in protest. His quiet chuckle was carried away by the wind.

The night was silent and peaceful. The roof of the palace overlooked the colorful south garden. The stars shimmered brightly, giving Sylvien an ethereal, wispy glow. He looked up into the brilliant night sky, at the bright full moon. An almost intelligible whisper escaped his lips, the sound carried away by the breeze.

"I wish to meet him."

----

(A/N: Remis' POV.)

I sighed and sat quietly on the cushioned floor of the bay window. The musty and smoky smell of the library permeated my senses, rendering me relaxed and sleepy. The warm dawn rays gave me a fleeting sense of warmth, lulling me to a state of tranquil satisfaction. I yawned sleepily and placed the thick tome over my eyes. After an early morning cram, I thought it was only fair to give me some form of relaxation, especially in such a quiet, serene environment. Alas, I knew that this moment would be fleeting due to...

"Remi~!"

...the pests that continue to follow me around, even after eight years of constant avoidance on my part. I hesitantly took off the comforting heaviness of the tome that covered my face and moved my head to face the pest in question, Cyrus Fortier. Even though he had his ever-heavy duties as the duke's son, he still chose to 'continue to forge connections with the Young Master of the Xenith household.

My gaze silently followed his approach. As he was about to jump and attack me, I expressionlessly stuck out my arm and distanced his overly-friendly head away to prevent his nuzzling. His struggle to wring himself from my grip and fling himself into my arms made me reminisce.

----

"Young Master Remis, Young Master Cyrus has come to pay you a visit. May I let him in?" The Head Maid, Irene, bowed and asked demurely.

I watched as she gestured to the door, my gaze becoming increasingly annoyed. That person... was here again? I thought to myself. A vein popped from my forehead as I struggled to calm myself down in fear of reopening the wound.

"No, don't let him in. Tell him that I'm sleeping." I ordered quietly yet firmly before laying back down on the feather-stuffed pillow, feeling a minor prick as I rested my head.

She bowed. "As you wish, sir."

Irene scuffled to the door, her head down all the while, and closed the door softly behind her. The muffled dialogue I heard from the room sounded like Irene was currently brushing that Young Master off and trying to usher him away. I nodded in approval and let out a smug simper. The mind games Cyrus and I have been playing were fierce; and I had never won one before. However—I glanced out the door—I finally beat him.