39 - Visiting Knight Reask

I struggled to hold back the urge to press it against his mouth and let the cream drop down his chin. He looked at me with glistening eyes, but his prideful mouth remained pressed shut. I looked at him with disappointment and brought the pastry back, placing it on my lips and mocking him.

His teary eyes were begging, but all I felt was some sort of sadistic satisfaction from his response. The sweets were slowly picked off the table, and my belly became full.

Finally, Lucius seemed to be moved to tears when the last pastry was left standing on the center of the tea table. "You said... you said that you brought the sweets for me..." He whispered. My hand moving towards the last pastry on the table froze, and I felt my heart shake. He watched my response and stepped up his approach.

"I... isn't that why you brought it here?" He said. I slowly withdrew my hand, a pang of guilt striking me from his words.

I saw his face, framed by wavy golden locks, with the afternoon sunlight hitting him which made even his skin glisten. It turns out that I'm this weak to beauty... I felt blinded by radiance. He was too shy and unwilling to show affection, so instead, he resorted to seducing me with his blasted face! I was enraged. This is exactly why that puppy-boy Theodore could lie to me for so long!

Despite my stony expression, inwardly, I was hitting my head against a brick wall. He blinked his big, beautiful eyes, and leaned forward with his arms propping his chin up. In defense, I grabbed the last pastry protectively. As the prince approached closer, desperation kicked in, and I took a large bite, savoring the creamy goodness filling my cheeks.

I slowly moved my gaze towards him as soon as I took the bite. A smug smile, a full mouth, and a self-satisfied twinkle in my eye faced the prince. I presented the bitten cream puff to him and asked between mouthfuls, "...you can have some, if you want." The cream slowly seeped out of the fluffy dessert, revealing the delicious aroma of the vanilla. Hah! Serves you right!

Lucius stared at the bitten side of the cream puff blankly. If not for his ears growing hot, I wouldn't have noticed his indignation. Well, what can I say? I'm just this good. I thought. Then, just as I was about to take it back and slowly savor the reward of the victorious war I won, he leaned towards me. My heart quickened. Then, with downcast eyes, he took a bite of the nibbled side of the cream puff, his long eyelashes concealing the expression on his face.

Ah...

I froze. My mind turned blank, and the sight of the handsome prince taking a bite of the pastry filled my vision. He grabbed my wrist and brought my hand to his lips, slowly tasting the confection. I forgot to move my hand away and just kept staring at the alluring sight, captivated.

A soft, wet sensation brushed over the tips of my fingers. I found him subtly licking and sucking on the cream on my hand. Oh... I blushed furiously, finally snapping out of my daze and fumbling away from him.

As he approached, I stepped back, instinctively feeling a sense of danger in his eyes. "Rem..." He uttered hoarsely, pinning me against the wall, his hand cradling my head closer to him. My face grew hotter as soon as I saw his unusually heated eyes. Suddenly, I began to regret my choice of revenge.

----

Since when did that prince get this much courage!

As soon as I saw an opening, I had rushed out of the study and locked myself in the royal guest room. My face was still steaming hot as I tried to process what had happened. I wanted to cry from embarrassment. I thought he was a tsundere! When did he become so daring!

The scene flashed in my mind as soon as I thought those words. My face, which was cooling down, instantly became as red as a tomato. I tried to distract myself and change the subject.