Chapter 10

A/N: This entire chapter is in Hotch's POV

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

For a brief moment, she looked healthy and unharmed, but the moment her legs almost gave out beneath her, I knew she wasn't okay. I couldn't see her body from her hips and below due to the table but from what I could see, it definitely could have been worse. She had a few fresh blood stains scattered across her shirt and I just thought the blood came from the seemingly new cut on her temple. 

It wasn't until she was in my arms that the relief finally washed over me. Her face was buried into the side of my neck, her tears dampening my skin, and I just held her, tighter than I ever thought I could or would. While she was missing, I avoided thinking about the affect her disappearance had on me so I could focus on the case, but now that she here, in my arms, I let myself notice the fatigue that slowed my body, the ache in my head, and the unexpected tears that I had been constantly pushing back for the past week. But now that she was here, with me, I allow myself to succumb to these feelings. 

I can't remember the last time I cried, I always felt ashamed about crying, in front of anyone, but knowing that Y/N was safe and alive made me forget the embarrassment, even when the team rushed into the room, guns raised. I didn't look at them, neither of us did. We just cried.

Prentiss moved to check Michael's pulse, verbally confirming I had killed him. I felt the exact moment Y/N felt relief, her body relaxed, her shoulders became less tense, and a small, huffed, relieved laugh left her lips. She squeezed me tighter and we remained in our own little world while everyone worked around us. No one dared to move us, the medics checked on her without disturbing us. That, however, is when it all came crashing down.

One of the medics made eye contact with me, a worried look on her face, and within seconds, Y/N's body went completely limp, her arms falling from their position around my neck and her head rested almost lifelessly on my shoulder. Every inch of me went into a panicked state and I couldn't move. The medics removed her from my grip, laying her down on the floor, checking for a pulse. There wasn't one.

No no no no no.

Everything was a blur as they begun compressions and transported her into the ambulance. I just sat in the same spot on the floor, frozen, as the team went into a more physical panic, a million thoughts rushing through my head.

I just got her back.

I can't lose her again.

She's too young.

She hasn't lived yet.

God, please don't take her.

A very short chapter but I thought I would write one purely based around Hotch's perspective on finding Y/N. The next chapter will probably switch between Y/N and Hotch a few times. 

I hope the story is okay so far. I'm just starting to figure out how I want to write this and I am hoping it'll get better from here.

Love ya xx