𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘬𝘢𝘵𝘦

ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅ઇଓ

"absolutely not."

"babe, you're already on the ice! you just have to move!"

"no. no, no, no, no, no."

you've never been so petrified in your life.

swayed by the whirlwind of charming persuasion matt managed to pull together, you agreed to let the boy teach you how to skate. he's never been shy about his past with hockey, and even though his brothers don't agree, he brags that he's pretty good- and all he wants to do is show you how. you think it's sweet how badly he wants to share that part of his life with you, and when he litters your face with kisses and pushes and prods until you agree, you are in no position to decline anything he asks of you. he just dismantles you that way.
so, here you are. he slapped a pair of skates on you and plopped you right on the ice, and you're clinging onto the wall for dear life, fear-stricken and frozen in place.

"come on, love, you know i'd never let you fall," matt rolled his eyes.

"matt, if i let go of this wall right now, i think i might die."

"you are so dramatic!"

matt was dressed head to toe like a black op soldier- cargo pants, a chunky hoodie, and a knit beanie, everything black. little tufts of hair were sticking out by his ears and on his forehead, and his fair skin was cherry red in the cheeks from the cold. he was nimble on his skates, of course- he could zip around the rink like he was flying. there was no hesitation there. but you, on the other hand... not so much.

matt slid over to you and outstretched both his hands, smiling encouragingly.

"i don't want to fall on my face." you admitted.

matt grinned as he promised, "and i won't let you. just trust me, okay?"

     you despised the way he could just get you to be okay with things. he had you wrapped around his finger. he's a little shit, you thought to yourself as you reluctantly let him take your hands and turn you away from the rink's barrier.

     you felt the floor start to slip beneath you and panicked, scrambling around like bugs bunny as you tried to keep yourself upright on the ice; matt only laughed and tugged your arms, which resulted in you sliding face-first into his chest. he helped you collect yourself and let go of you, trying not to laugh in your face about your lack of skill. you watched as he moved backwards slowly, starting to pull you along.

     "matt," you warned, "matt, i'm gonna fall!"

     "you won't! just keep your body still, i'm doing all the work here,"

     the rink was so big. there was so much space. so much room to fall, and break a bone, or knock out a tooth, or hit your head...

"hello? anybody home?"

you felt matt squeezing your hand, and realized you were frozen in the middle of the ice. he stopped pulling you and you didn't even notice.

"i- uh, yeah, sorry."

"what's goin' on up there, pretty?"

you hesitated to explain yourself. you felt like a chicken, and the last thing you wanted was for matt to think of you that way. but he's also innocently oblivious to everything about you, so he'll never be able to help if you're not honest.
     god, this is embarrassing, you thought as you decided to just give in.

"i don't know. i get so freaked by the idea of getting hurt. and i also don't like that i need someone to teach me this. i don't... i don't wanna embarrass myself in front of you, you know?" you rambled, "you're so good at it already, and i'm a total mess!"