𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘵-𝘴𝘰-𝘴𝘪𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘵𝘳𝘦𝘢𝘵𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵

ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅ઇଓ

this was going to be difficult, but you were no bitch. and you certainly were not one to back down from a bet- especially not one that puts taco bell on the line as a prize.

when chris dared you to ignore matt for a full twenty-four hours, you were absolutely uncooperative. you didn't want to get into a fight with your boyfriend, or god forbid you make him upset with you; but the second chris offered his prize, it was a done deal. actually, no- the second he taunted you, it was a done deal.

"i will buy you a full ass meal from taco bell. anything you want. and i'll buy matt's food too. i am not playing around, i will do it! but you have to ignore him for a full day. no talking, no nothing." chris wiggled his eyebrows.

"i don't know, chris..."

"what, are 'ya scared?"

"oh-ho-ho! how dare you, christopher owen? you're on, bitch!"

so you did it. you committed to the bit, and you were determined to get your free food. you would win that bet.

when you woke up in the morning, you thought this would be easy. you would simply just avoid matt all day, and if you were in close quarters, you wouldn't speak. you could handle that- you considered yourself a master silent-treatment-giver. what you didn't expect was how matt would react.

first, it was the denial.

     you woke up and sighed into the warmth of your sheets, wishing you could drift back off. but your alarm jolted you awake, and once it got you up, you were too spooked to just settle back down again. matt let out a grumpy groan beside you and rolled over, burying his face in his pillow. you were about to reach over and scratch the spot behind his ear to get his attention, but caught yourself just in time. the bet, you reminded yourself, you have a bet to win.
instead of engaging in customary morning cuddles, you rolled out of bed, brushing the boy off when he grumbled a soft, "good morning, babe."

     you gave him a half-smile, nodding quietly and hopping onto the frigid hardwood floor. when he heard no reply, he opened his eyes a bit wider and watched you shuffle out of the room, leaving him alone. there was a little tug in his chest as you left, but he decided to just ignore it.
"she must not've heard me," he mumbled to himself.

     matt followed you out to the kitchen, where he watched you pour a cup of coffee in complete silence. he snuck up from behind and rested his chin against your shoulder, snaking his arms around your waist; butterflies tickled you all the way down to your feet, and just that one move was enough to make you nearly give up on the bet right then. but you couldn't, not so fast- chris would never let you live it down. so, you sipped on your mug and waited for him to unwrap his arms.
     nick was the first to wake up, and chris shortly after. you took a seat at the kitchen table and watched as matt engaged in a conversation with his brothers like usual; some sort of tired bickering ensured as they fought over the juice in the fridge.

     "there's only enough for one thing of orange juice," nick grumbled. he was tugging on the neck of the plastic container while matt held onto the bottom.

     "yeah, and you always drink apple in the morning, so let me have it!" matt rebutted, trying to pry it from his brother's hands.

     "i do not! i drink orange!"

     "oh my fucking god, you're such a liar! babe, back me up here!"

     just as fast as the denial had come, it was gone. now, you were dealt anger.