𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘰𝘶𝘵

disclaimer:
absolutely no prejudiced comments will
be tolerated. if you have an issue
with the lgbtq+ community,
i suggest you stop reading my book-
this is not the place for you.
any rude comments of that nature
will be removed.

please be kind. <3

ॱ⋅.˳˳.⋅˙ॱᐧ.˳˳.⋅ઇଓ

things were getting serious, and there wasn't time to waste anymore- not if you wanted to be happy. and that terrified you.

matt was nothing short of the best boyfriend in the world. he took every opportunity to treat you like a princess. it was always little things: his jacket became yours by the end of every date, he opened every door and pulled every chair out, and always carried your bag. sometimes you laughed at how old-fashioned he acted, and the boy would remind you that it was how he was raised- "my dad prides himself on raising his kids like gentlemen," he always said. but even though you laugh, you wouldn't change a thing.

     you loved to feel taken care of, and you didn't take his kindness for granted. but it was becoming hard to let him treat you this way, because you weren't being honest with him. he was so open, and he never kept anything from you- he's grown so transparent with his emotions, even when he struggles to get them out, and he works overtime to build your trust in him. so keeping your secret from him was not only exhausting, but it just felt wrong.
nobody knows what you're hiding because for as long as you've known, you never trusted anyone to understand. your parents walk the tightrope between being open-minded and being rigid, and you don't have many friends you could confide in, so you've elected to keep your mouth shut. but you've always known. ever since you watched wizards of waverly place at the ripe age of seven years old, and you couldn't decide whether you wanted to stare at alex or her brother justin, you knew; ever since you found you'd rather sit next to the pretty ginger girl in your science class in eighth grade because her laugh made you dizzy, you knew. it just took a while to put a name to the feeling.
keeping your sexuality a secret was eating you up inside, and you couldn't handle that gnawing feeling anymore. so, you decided it was time to tell the only person you truly trusted.

there was no elaborate plan- in fact, there was no plan at all. the urge came suddenly as you sat beside matt in the passenger seat of his van; his late night craving for french fries and a vanilla frosty swept you off you to wendy's, where you two sat in the desolate parking lot and shared the snack.
he was sitting with a precious smile on his face, and that was most of what you could see. the only light in the car was coming from the overhead light, which casted a gentle shadow over his sleepy eyes. his hair appeared black, and his eyes the same, because his pupils always seemed swallow the blue when you were around. he playfully dunked a fingerful of fries into his frosty and took a bite, and then looked over at you through his eyelashes that made you jealous. that was when you decided it was time.

"can i tell you something?" you blurted.

matt's eyes opened a bit wider, sensing an uncertainty in your tone. he straigtened his shoulders out of their comfortable slump and nodded, his goofy smile melting into something more sincere. "of course you can."

"i just... you have to understand that this is something really important, not just like, something dumb. this... i mean, i haven't told anyone this, you're the only one, and i really want you to know but i just have to know i can trust y-"

"woah, woah, woah!" matt interrupted your rambling with a frantic wave of his hands. he set his fries and frosty down on the dashboard and wiped his fingers on the fabric of his sweats, then reached across the car to hold your hand. "hey, you can trust me! promise. i would never judge you, you know that."